Vac and choke help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seabronc

Reaction score
In your picture of the Purge Control Valve with one port capped off, where is the bottom hose going?

OP
OP
J

Jneeld

Reaction score
One is going to the third from top connection on the vcv and the other is going to the breather vavle on the carb but there is no "TVV" in line like the diagram shows. So I'm guessing the capped one needs to go to the carb spacer.

OP
OP
J

Jneeld

Reaction score
Ok so the big port on the back goes to the vavle cover on the passenger side. Awesome. Finally making progress. This is exciting.this is the one right next to the choke any ideal about this one?

IMG_1312.JPG

Seabronc

Reaction score
One is going to the third from top connection on the vcv and the other is going to the breather vavle on the carb but there is no "TVV" in line like the diagram shows. So I'm guessing the capped one needs to go to the carb spacer.
Yes, there should also be a "T" in the line connected to the BV that goes to the carbon canister.  The TVV should also be there, it is a valve that closes the line so the purge valve won't be able to **** fuel out of the Bowl Valve.  It shouldn't actually do that but it is more of a safety precaution.

Seabronc

Reaction score
Ok so the big port on the back goes to the vavle cover on the passenger side. Awesome. Finally making progress. This is exciting.this is the one right next to the choke any ideal about this one?
It would be great to know which carb that is, ie. the Ford model number

OP
OP
J

Jneeld

Reaction score
The carb is a motorcraft 2150. There is no I'd plate or anything. So I don't know what model or anything.

OP
OP
J

Jneeld

Reaction score
And I'm still confused the diagram shows the man vac going to the carb pv which I'm guessing is the power vavle. So how does the vac reach the vcv.

Seabronc

Reaction score
And I'm still confused the diagram shows the man vac going to the carb pv which I'm guessing is the power vavle. So how does the vac reach the vcv.
A main vac tap is directly into the inside of the intake manifold,  so anything connected to the base plate under the carb or one of the main vac ports is at the level that exists there.

The PV (Power Valve) should go directly to the Main Vac tree.

The PCV valve on the passenger side valve cover to the large port at the rear base of the carb

The small port on the back side of the carb is for the choke pull down valve

Here are some great links for you, http://grantorinosport.org/BubbaF250/index.html  http://grantorinosport.org/BubbaF250/carb/carb01.html

:)>-

OP
OP
J

Jneeld

Reaction score
A main vac tap is directly into the inside of the intake manifold, so anything connected to the base plate under the carb or one of the main vac ports is at the level that exists there.

The PV (Power Valve) should go directly to the Main Vac tree.

The PCV valve on the passenger side valve cover to the large port at the rear base of the carb

The small port on the back side of the carb is for the choke pull down valve

Here are some great links for you, http://grantorinosport.org/BubbaF250/index.html http://grantorinosport.org/BubbaF250/carb/carb01.html

So the vcv gets vac from one of the lines coming off the carb? On my diagram what is the "E" on the carb?

Seabronc

Reaction score
So the vcv gets vac from one of the lines coming off the carb? On my diagram what is the "E" on the carb?
OK, understand the question, yes that is correct.  Not all ports on the carb are at the same vacuum level.  Not exactly sure where the E port senses the vacuum level in your carb, but it is less than the vacuum level at Main Vac.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
J

Jneeld

Reaction score
OK, understand the question, yes that is correct. Not all ports on the carb are at the same vacuum level. Not exactly sure where the E port senses the vacuum level in your carb, but it is less than the vacuum level at Main Vac.

I'm asking if you know what it is? I don't know what it is to hook a line up to. Sorry guess I should of worded the question differently.

OP
OP
J

Jneeld

Reaction score
I'm trying to understand what the "S" and the "E" on the carb are.

Seabronc

Reaction score
:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> That is what this statement in my signature is all about, Communication: I know you think you know what I said, but what you need to know is, I didn't say what I meant  :lol:  

OK, the location of ports varies on different models.  I really need to see pictures of your carb, One of each side showing the ports that are available.  The BV is obvious, S should be on the choke side near the bottom of the carb, In your pictures I can't see a good view of the front side view and also need to see the rear side view.  But please provide a picture of the choke side view and throttle linkage side also.  Views that show everything on the carb. From there we can decide what hooks to what.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
J

Jneeld

Reaction score
:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> That is what this statement in my signature is all about, Communication: I know you think you know what I said, but what you need to know is, I didn't say what I meant :lol:

OK, the location of ports varies on different models. I really need to see pictures of your carb, One of each side showing the ports that are available. The BV is obvious, S should be on the choke side near the bottom of the carb, In your pictures I can't see a good view of the front side view and also need to see the rear side view. But please provide a picture of the choke side view and throttle linkage side also. Views that show everything on the carb. From there we can decide what hooks to what.

I ripped it all apart last night and got it all back together. Thanks for all your help. Now to do some tuning on the carb. When I crank it. It will run for about 5 sec then die

Seabronc

Reaction score
I ripped it all apart last night and got it all back together. Thanks for all your help. Now to do some tuning on the carb. When I crank it. It will run for about 5 sec then die
Does that mean that if you just start it and do nothing else it dies, or including trying to encourage it a little with the gas pedal.  Also in regard to ports on the carb, cap any unused ports if you had any. The ports on the back top[ is for the choke heat pipe, the small one near the bottom is for the choke vacuum pull off, and the large one at the bottom can be used for the break booster, or just about anything else that requires main vac.

Did you do a carb rebuild kit?  Is the choke closed when you start the engine cold?  It should have just a slight gap.  Also did you clean the carb with a carb cleaner?  How about the idle jet adjustment?

Good luck,

OP
OP
J

Jneeld

Reaction score
Does that mean that if you just start it and do nothing else it dies, or including trying to encourage it a little with the gas pedal. Also in regard to ports on the carb, cap any unused ports if you had any. The ports on the back top[ is for the choke heat pipe, the small one near the bottom is for the choke vacuum pull off, and the large one at the bottom can be used for the break booster, or just about anything else that requires main vac.

Did you do a carb rebuild kit? Is the choke closed when you start the engine cold? It should have just a slight gap. Also did you clean the carb with a carb cleaner? How about the idle jet adjustment?

Good luck,

Yes I did a rebuild. No that is just with me starting it and not giving it any gas it will die. I have those idle screws backed out 4 1/2 turns already. What is the best way to set the high idle choke adjustment?

OP
OP
J

Jneeld

Reaction score
Well after putting back together I realized I forgot two hoses but don't see them on the diagram

IMG_1316.JPG

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke