Using swing away tire carrier to carry hi lift and shovel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michibronc

Reaction score
I've purchased an inside spare carrier that I'm putting on my '96. My hopes are to use the swing away to carry a hi lift and shovel when I go wheeling. It wouldn't be any heavier than the tire was so I don't think it would be a prob.

Anyone done this or seen something similar? Seen any write ups on how to build the clamps to hold the shovel and jack on?

Here's something that hi lift sells - I just need to fasten it to the swing away. Then rig something up to attach a shovel too.

Last edited by a moderator:

muddridder

Reaction score
I've purchased an inside spare carrier that I'm putting on my '96. My hopes are to use the swing away to carry a hi lift and shovel when I go wheeling. It wouldn't be any heavier than the tire was so I don't think it would be a prob.
Anyone done this or seen something similar? Seen any write ups on how to build the clamps to hold the shovel and jack on?

Here's something that hi lift sells - I just need to fasten it to the swing away. Then rig something up to attach a shovel too.
I just mounted my spare Procomp x-Terain 35x12.50x15 on the back of my truck ...It seems to be handleing the weight...I don't know how much that stuff you plan to put on is??

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
michibronc

michibronc

Reaction score
I just mounted my spare Procomp x-Terain 35x12.50x15 on the back of my truck ...It seems to be handleing the weight...I don't know how much that stuff you plan to put on is??
All I plan to put on is a hi lift and a shovel. Shouldn't be much more combined wt than the tire that came on it if at all more.

Rednek

Reaction score
We have two 60" hi-lift jacks in our shop they are heavy... any expensive ours were $91 new my dad left it to me to find a couple... is say 30-40lbs ours are the big ones though i think there like a 40" one somewere around the shop which is lighter...

the shovel shouldnt be any more then 5lbs

go to

http://www.jamesduff.com

and click bronco|| and ranger and click bumpers. they have something like such... check it out idk if they make them for big broncos but its worth a call.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj