Truck Runs!, But Only On Ether.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudunit77f250

Reaction score
ok, we dropped in our 400m and it started a couple times just prime the pedal 4 or 5 times and it would start as soon as you turned the key. i also had to use the batt charger in 200 amp start mode to help turn the starter quick enough to get it to start. in order for the truck to start without the batt charger we need to use ether to the carb... and it only runs till it burns off the ether. i think there is a problem with our carb linkage thats causing the carb to not put enough gas down to the engine..... any ideas, unfortunately this is my time dealing with a carb, so i dont know exactly how to adjust it properly....

4xfan78

Reaction score
Take the fuel line off the carb and turn the engine over to check if there is any fuel going to the carb. Also depends on how much fuel is going to the carb. Could be a kink in the fuel line or the fuel pump is bad. If they are good I would check the carb.

OP
OP
M

mudunit77f250

Reaction score
fuel pump should be good, b/c when we pulled the 400 out of the donor truck, it ran and idled fine. i plan on picking up a fuel pressure test kit anyways...

Seabronc

Reaction score
Did you rebuild the carb? If so, did you mess with the idle mixture valve/s? If you can get it started will it run with your foot in it? What carb do you have on it? Whencold start, is the choke plate closed? If you didn't mess with the carb, open the port on the side of the float tank and see if there is fue, there should be fuel just up to the bottom of the port.

At idle the carb only takes gas via the idle mixture valve ports.

Goog luck,

:)>-

OP
OP
M

mudunit77f250

Reaction score
turned out to be plugged up fuel filter on the front of the carb, swapped it out and she ran perfect.... :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Root710