Transfercase Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NiceBackSeat

Reaction score
I have a 1980 Full size Bronco and i took it offroading too hard. I think the transmission is fine but the transfercase is definitly not working properly. It will only power the wheels in 4low and it won't shift gears in 4low. Im thinking about just swapping the transfercase for a rebuilt one because i don't know anything about repairing them. Anyone have any suggestions?

stinger

Reaction score
may have knocked the linkage out of adjustment . which t-case do you have ? i know some about the np 208 and np 205's

indoz

Reaction score
I have the C6 and NP 208 in my F100, low four will ONLY work in 2nd gear I guess to protect from overloading the drivetrain.

hawk2100n

Wants Overdrive
Reaction score
hey indoz, i have 86 w/ c6 and np208, i think, in my truck but i have never noticed that it only uses 2nd. does this mean that it skips 1st and/or doesnt go into 3rd? fo you any way. when i use 4L, i always shift manually and i definately know it uses all 3 gears b/c shifts are harder from low gearing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23