Track Bar Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CAcruddy

Reaction score
I just changed my track bar bushings (plastic )

Much to my surprize I see them move arount an .093"to .125" with my wife turns the steering wheel from lock to lock(parked). I was not impressed with this. Surely when you hit a bump things must be moving all over. I can't even imagine how much things would move with the stock rubber bushings.

Anyway, I am thinking about converting my existing track bar to accept 3/4" ball joint Rod ends.

- a 3/4-16 52100 ball bearing with chrome alloy cage is rated at 28,000 lbs of tensile load.

I figure this could handle the job on each end.

Question: Is this a doable thing. Or am I begining for disaster ?

Have any of you out there done this type of conversion?

Any help or input would be appreciated.

Thanks_CAcruddy

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
Yeah, I did this on my buddies Bronco and will do it to mine soon. We got some DOM tube and used .125" (min thickness, I'd use thicker) wall DOM and tapped inside of the tube to allow the 3/4" heim joints to fit. One is reverse thread and one is standard so you can adjust to center the axle under the truck. Any machine shop can so the tapping for you if need be. Do a search on the web you will find all kinds of ideas. One is http://bulletproofsteering.com/ They sell them but will give specifications on what size tube to use with 3/4" rod ends. I can't remember off hand as it was a year back :wacko: . I'll oook into it... b-(

OP
OP
C

CAcruddy

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the tip. I will now with full confidense sut into my forged track bar.

The web site for the bullet proof steering was great!

Thanks again-

CAcruddy

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
Oops, I just noticed I sent you to the bullet proof steering area, the main web page is www.performanceunlimited.com that does the bullet proof trac bars. You might have figured this out already. If not go to this web site and look it up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula