Tires For The Snow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Preacher

Reaction score
winter is coming up soon and i live in wisconsin about two hours from the canadian border. I have 31x10.5 wrangler at's on my bronco and the tread is getting pretty thin. I want some good tires for the snow but I want some that still look mean. does anyone have any ideas.

Seabronc

Reaction score
You just want tires with an agressive tread. I believe the ones you have are pretty agressive when new.

Take a look at this site. They take you thru a bunch of questions and then make a recommendation. Usually they will not give you the 31 +s as a choice, but the suggestions have pictures of the tread and you can use that when forcing a 31 selection by entering the tire size yourself.

http://www.tirerack.com/index.jsp

You don't need to buy from them but then you will have a pretty good of the various tread designs and suggested usage.

Good luck,

:)>-

BK85

Reaction score
I had a set of 31X10.5X15 Goodyear Workhorse, on my 85 Bronco in Colorado Sprngs and never got stuck in the 5yrs I had them on. They look knarly as well. The only reason I took them off was that the knobs had worn down to about 26". The drawback is that they are noisy as ****, had to crank the radio if the windows wher down.

billybroncojr

Reaction score
I had some Kumho Venture MT 30x9.50's on my Bronco II. I still have the tires although the BII is gone. These tires were great in the winter. I live in Northern Lower MI and drive 45 miles round trip to work on unplowed roads. These tires were great on and off road. Air them down a bit and they worked great. I bought them from tirerack.com but I have seen dealers that carry Kumho's since then. Don't buy the Venture AT. I was so impressed with the MT that I bought the AT's for the Exploder. They work well enough but they are not an aggressive tread at all and they exhibit alot of sidewall roll.

Get the Venture MT's, you will love them!

Jeff

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula