Tires and Lift for '96 Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sweb50

Reaction score
Just bought a black '96 Bronco with Sport package. Was wondering if anyone can provide guidance on a recommended lift package so I can put bigger tires on it (thinking '33's). There are so many available, trying to figure which makes sense. Thanks!

90bronco86

Reaction score
Just bought a black '96 Bronco with Sport package. Was wondering if anyone can provide guidance on a recommended lift package so I can put bigger tires on it (thinking '33's). There are so many available, trying to figure which makes sense. Thanks!
you dont need a lift to run 33 12.50 15s, you will have some rub when you turn hard one way or the other. if you look up in the pinned area it shows what tires can be run with what lift.

Bronc76

Reaction score
If you still decide on a lift, what are you looking to get out of it?

OP
OP
S

sweb50

Reaction score
you dont need a lift to run 33 12.50 15s, you will have some rub when you turn hard one way or the other. if you look up in the pinned area it shows what tires can be run with what lift.
Thanks! I did see the article and then also saw a magazine spread someone had posted where it indicated that a '3 lift was recommended for the 33's. I guess I could always throw the tires on there and if the rub is bothersome, install it after the fact.

90bronco86

Reaction score
yeah, i have 33s on my bronco right now and the only problem i have is when im making a u turn, other than that they are great.

now i have heard that you can use wheel spacers to help eliminate the rub, but ive never tried it.

OP
OP
S

sweb50

Reaction score
If you still decide on a lift, what are you looking to get out of it?
I think really just to get enough clearance to get bigger tires on there. Are there deal breakers I should consider when looking at options? Thanks for your help.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo,

If tires rub & I know they will, you can intstall 4, 1/8" thick SS or galvanized flat washers at each bolt to move front bumper out a bit and trim that valence a bit w/snips or grind off ends a little at a time

SASSQASH

Reaction score
If I want to run 35 inch tires and decide on a 6" lift, do my driveshafts need to be lengthed. I've seen post, on another forum, stating the up to and including 6" lifts do not require this modifcation. However, the lift kits I'm looking at, at least initally, state the driveshafts do need to be lenghtend. I've included the links to the ones I'm intersted in, and if you have any additional ones I should look at or had a bad experience with those below please let me know. My job keeps me traveling alot, so if I wanted to have this installed, does anyone know how much it would cost, or how long it takes for a DIY job so I can fit it into my schedule. Thanks.

http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-33820-6-ultra-deluxe-lift-with-superunner-radius-arms-90-96.html

http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-33819-6-deluxe-lift-kit-with-superunner-radius-arms.html

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
WOOOHA...!

What's your intended use ....street runner or dirt..?

You're right there @ needing lower geared diff's.

The better lifts these days, come with new style leafs., not "add-a-leafs"

Just a "heads up"..! >:D< <'>

This is going to get expensive...... $-)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula