Thanks for the add! Anyone interested in the new Broncos coming out this year?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paul rondelli

Reaction score
Ford has trade marked the name "wart hog". That will be the next "high Dollar" Raptor style Bronco. If it ends up anything like the F150 Raptors …. i will be a fan.

Ford has the chance to put a supercharged V8 …. or nasty diesel … in a solid front axel Bronco...…. That would once and for all make the Bronco the badest machine on the block

Last edited:

blksn8k

Reaction score
The Sasquatch is an option package (including 35" tires, locking diffs, etc.) that can be added to any trim level of the "big" Bronco which has not started production yet. That model is being built on the T6 Ranger platform, not the F-150. I suppose it might be less confusing to call it a "bigger" Bronco since a lot of us old timers automatically think full-size when you say "Big Bronco". The new bigger Bronco was actually designed with similar proportions and styling cues to the first gen Bronco which was produced from 1966 to 1977.

The Bronco Sport that has been on sale for a couple of months now is basically just a re-bodied Escape although they did upgrade the suspension to make it more off-road worthy. Totally different thing from the big Bronco.

Latest word is that the hi-po version of the big Bronco will be called the Warthog, not Raptor. It seems as though Ford is reserving the Raptor name for hi-po trucks, not SUVs.

I'm actually more interested in the Bronco pickup which is rumored to be coming out in another couple of years, probably after the next gen Ranger. I might be tired of my '18 F-150 by then so the timing would be about right for me. That model will probably use the 4-door Bronco sheet metal on a full-length Ranger frame with a longer cab but shorter bed than those of the Ranger. Kinda like the original Sport Trac only more off-road oriented. Think Jeep Gladiator, only better looking.

blksn8k

Reaction score
Has anyone who has already decided they don't like the new Bronco actually watched any of the dozens of videos on youtube of pre-production Broncos out on the trails in places like Moab, Utah? Guys who are die-hard Jeep fans rave about the new Bronco after doing a ride-along. It might be a helluva lot more impressive than some of you think. Just because it's not old school doesn't make it junk. If it was old school, which would be impossible to do anyway with all of today's safety and emissions regs, Ford might very well only sell a few thousand. As it is, they already have over 100,000 pre-orders. I'm more than willing to give it a chance and that's coming from a guy who owns a highly modified '75 Bronco which is about as old school as it gets.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
The side view

Watching the video turned me off even more. . No more room inside . Reminds me of being stuffed in and all cramped up and uncomfortable. I look for it to be a big flop for Ford. Cheap made with a big price tag. I ,d rather get a old one and make it the way you,d like . The less electronic and relays--the less troubles. Start reading the complaint forums on it a year from now and I,m sure alot of people will be disappointed. I like the Edsel ALOT BETTER. It has class and power and no electronic. Now they have lay offs due to not being able to get the mineral to make the electronic.
Plus since they cannot get the material--drives the value down and the prices of the older vehicles up--shows they are less dependable. Can,nt wait when my sister asked to borrow one of my old vehicles when her fancy way over priced Dodge won,t run. They are so cheap made now--they don,t have a gear shift. The have a big ugly **** and I hear now they are stripping. haha

captsb890

Reaction score
Plus since they cannot get the material--drives the value down and the prices of the older vehicles up--shows they are less dependable. Can,nt wait when my sister asked to borrow one of my old vehicles when her fancy way over priced Dodge won,t run. They are so cheap made now--they don,t have a gear shift. The have a big ugly **** and I hear now they are stripping. haha

captsb890

Reaction score
That's why I put money in my 1989---lots done--and that new paint job has everyone coming over to take a look ! The auto manufacturers are dumb. They try to entice people with all this new **** in cars , body style changes, like every year and wonder why they are losing money. People want new cars, sure, but the priority is price. Do like they did years ago--change body styles every two years,---today how about every four years. Still would have a beautiful new car at a most reasonable price. Look how the price of the so called "classic" cars have gone up ---People saying to me-"they don't make them like this anymore !"
Well, thanks for the read anyway !

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I was pretty excited, Was going to buy a slot, ended up not buying because a friend of mine did and I was pretty confident I could get his.

The more I found out I was less interested in using it. Got swept up in the nostalgia and emotion. next door to where I work there is a brand new one and I see it every day. Can't say I like it as much in person.

my oldest son is pretty set on buying one this year or next. I think it would be an awesome local vehicle, all weather, running round locally. I need something more of a road trip vehicle. I don't think the bronco would be comfortable for 20 hours of driving. Maybe I am wrong. Still waiting to learn more.

they are finally just showing up on dealer lots, need to go drive one. they just don't seem big enough to me. They look like they are between the escape and the edge size wise. I was hoping for something closer to the explorer or expedition.
Before you buy one.Read the complaints people are having with them.Some as soon as they drive off the lot. From what I have read. It will be Ford,s Lemon. All kinds of complaints from bad windshields,motors,transmissions,electrical problems. Plus Ford is NOT correcting them or standing buy their warranty. I look for some big law suits soon.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
That's why I put money in my 1989---lots done--and that new paint job has everyone coming over to take a look ! The auto manufacturers are dumb. They try to entice people with all this new **** in cars , body style changes, like every year and wonder why they are losing money. People want new cars, sure, but the priority is price. Do like they did years ago--change body styles every two years,---today how about every four years. Still would have a beautiful new car at a most reasonable price. Look how the price of the so called "classic" cars have gone up ---People saying to me-"they don't make them like this anymore !"
Well, thanks for the read anyway !
Me to. You are absolutely right. If anything go wrong with mine. I can fix it. I don,t and won,t pay those way over price dealership mechanic bills and then they don,t get it fixed.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Me to. You are absolutely right. If anything go wrong with mine. I can fix it. I don,t and won,t pay those way over price dealership mechanic bills and then they don,t get it fixed.
Plus they won,t stand behind the EXTENDED WARRATY THEY SALE. I went through that. NOT AGAIN.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
The Bronco Sport isn't for this audience on this forum. My order is in for the bigger Bronco coming this summer. I hope to have a new 2021 to sit next to my '71. Let the millennials and soccer moms have their "Sport". The variety is good for the brand. The bigger Sasquatch is for us. With reference to Jeep, if you've noticed, the new Jeep ads on TV look very similar to the Bronco ads. ;·o
Better start reading the complaints they are already having and Ford not doing anything to help the customers. I look for it to become the Ford new LEMON. Bad motors,transmission,roof leaking,bad windshields,etc.

OP
OP
T

Twin Turbo

Reaction score
Ford has trade marked the name "wart hog". That will be the next "high Dollar" Raptor style Bronco. If it ends up anything like the F150 Raptors …. i will be a fan.

Ford has the chance to put a supercharged V8 …. or nasty diesel … in a solid front axel Bronco...…. That would once and for all make the Bronco the badest machine on the block

Yes! Raptor Bronco will be an amazing vehicle👍

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Absolutely! Looking for my email everyday from Ford with our VIN and production date.
Start reading the complaints about it already and Ford is not doing anything about it. The complaint of the new bronco,s make it look like it will be Ford,s lemon. Even the windows are falling out of them. All kinds of problems. The Edsel looks like it is NOT the lemon of Ford Motor Company now. I,ll say if they don,t improve in the next year,.They,ll quit making it.

chrlsful

Reaction score
"...Yes! Raptor Bronco (would) be an amazing vehicle..."

"...If it's a 2 dor w/the Raptor underneath, I'm interested~
otherwise..." what I got now (EB w/mods). Nuf said, end of conversation...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke