Suspension Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Freewheel Burning

Reaction score
I am in the middle of installing the Superlift 4" lift, and am researching my options for the sway bars. I have the optional rear sway bar, and everywhere I look I see drop links for the front sway bar, but nothing listed for the rear. Are they the same? Are they necessary? I'm sure that not dropping the links is going to have some effect on the bars usefulness, but it looks like it *might* reach.

What has anyone else done in this situation? Thanks.

4xfan78

Reaction score
I do not know what you're plans are for you're bronco, but if you are going offroad alot you might consider removing the sway bar. You will get alot more travel from you're suspension. I have also seen swaybar links that have a pin in them so you can disconnect the sway bar before you go off road.

custom_78

Reaction score
My 78 Bronco has a 4 inch lift and the stock sway bar links. I'm thinking of removing the sway bar though for flex.

OP
OP
F

Freewheel Burning

Reaction score
I figured the rears would work, but I'm surprised the front ones will reach! I don't really do that much off-roading, although I plan to do more when I get all of these upgrades done.

A buddy of mine has a '78 with traction bars on it that have cotter pins to disconnect them. I thought that was pretty trick, but having a sway bar set up that way is pretty damn cool.

custom_78

Reaction score
I removed my front sway bar and left the rear one on due to the chance of a rollover. I am going to drive on street ads well as offroad but leaving the rear on seems to help the handling on road and not hurt it too bad offroad. Just a suggestion. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23