Stroker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluesman17

Spam Terminator
Reaction score
Ive been kicking around ideas in my head to get at least 400hp my question is with the inflexible computer I have stock on my 92 what can I do? I was thinking stroker, supercharger or built crate motor. Could the computer be redone to handle a hot cam (or would that Mass Air conversion thing on summit racing be good for that?) or will I have to switch to carb. Who would sell the tranny controller for my E40D if I had to go carbed? Obviously you see where Im going with all this and I dont want a gigantic headache from it when Im done with the body in the spring.

bronco410w

Reaction score
your best bet is to find a place by you that dyno's fuel injected cars.... talk to them and they should be able to go into the computer and change all the settings....

call them and talk to them about what you want to do and they can give you an idea of what your getting involved with and how much $$ ... also get more then 1 opinion.... finaly get it tuned after all your motor work is done!!

i personaly love fuel injection ... its more $$ but well worth it in the end... you get the full potential out of the motor and once its set, its done.... theres no re jetting and messing with timing .... it will run the same for years , once tuned!!

BB33's

Reaction score
bronco410w is right. Any dyno shop should be able to tune your stock computer to a new motors specs. Just be sure to give them all the info about the cam heads and so on. If you are planning on keeping it stock as possible try a 347 stroker kit. It will give you the low end torque and a mild cam and some reworked heads will do the rest. My buddy did a 347 stroker in his 1993 F150 and it has 381 HP to the wheels and passes smog.

BB33's

Reaction score
He used his stock block and went to Eagle products and got one of their 347 stroker rotating assemblies ( all forged ) and bored his stock block .30 over. For heads he used his stock ones and had me port and polish them as well as install larger valves in my upper engine class I was taking at the time. For a cam we went with an inskyderian 270/280 Split Duration Megacam and hydralic roller lifters. We also used a set of comp cams 1.7 ratio aluminum roller rockers. The intake manifold was a factory manifold that I port and polished that we got off a wrecked 1993 Ford lighting. He ran Thorley headers and two magnaflow cats and muffler. This made 381 Hp on a chassis dyno and 459 Ft. lbs of torque. He also reused his BBK throttle body and K&N Intake and BBK underdrive pullies.

Hope that helps

Total cost 3,900 Dollars

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23