street legal truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

texasbronco07

Reaction score
heres a pic of my friends f150, its got a 30" suspension and 45's. cops dont like us

724286457_l.jpg

Captain p4

Reaction score
Wow, looks pretty good.. but isn't the lift a little excessive without bigger meats under it? You could easily fit those tires if you dropped it down about a foot (cutting the fenders of couse).

sweet truck though

79highrider

Reaction score
That trucks nuts but where do you live for that truck to actually be legal. In Jersey a 2003 dodge ram with 9" lift and 39.5"s gets police attention :ph34r: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but that 150 is totally up there. Its huge B)

OP
OP
texasbronco07

texasbronco07

Reaction score
we live in kyle, texas its south of austin, i think the actual limit is like 33.

TX_BEAST

Reaction score
no limit on lift, as long as headlights are withing 54 inches of the ground and tail lights within 72 inches of ground it will pass inspection in texas. i only know because im certified to inspect vehicles in this fine state.

OP
OP
texasbronco07

texasbronco07

Reaction score
well thats good to know, i thought it was around 33 cause we had another friend with a lift higher than this truck and he got pulled over alot. ya this is a fine state, wouldnt live anywhere else

beefy85

Reaction score
that is the stupidest thing ever 4in?!?!? that is it?!?! im feel sry for yall in minnesota. im glad im form texas

txbronco

Reaction score
I live in TX. Austin to be exact. Do any of you TX ppl know anything about the smog laws... If i get it inspected outta austin I do not need to smog it but i hear that they have trucks around town that will sense if your vehicle puts out too much crap and you will get a tic in the mail... My truck is pretty high so i think I would be ok anyway cause its a 6" lift on 38.5 but I just want anyone elses opinion on this delema of mine.

TX_BEAST

Reaction score
I live in TX. Austin to be exact. Do any of you TX ppl know anything about the smog laws... If i get it inspected outta austin I do not need to smog it but i hear that they have trucks around town that will sense if your vehicle puts out too much crap and you will get a tic in the mail... My truck is pretty high so i think I would be ok anyway cause its a 6" lift on 38.5 but I just want anyone elses opinion on this delema of mine.
if the county you live in is a smog county then your vehicle has to have the smog inspection. only people that dont have to have smog inspections are those that live in non smog counties, and those that have 25 year old vehicles. when a vehicle is 25 years old it goes back to just safety insp.

txbronco

Reaction score
I know austin does, and I wold venture to guess H-town does as well... I guess I just need to put some work into my truck and figure it out.

wtfdissux

Reaction score
last time i saw one that high or almost any way (18 inches)was in my garage at home put lift in for a friend only problem was then we couldn't get back out was funny as **** pulling it out on a set of 215 60 15's i "borrowed" from work

firelt90bronco

Ask me about my job
Reaction score
I remember my one of my friends parked his truck in his garage and we lifted it. Turns out the garage door was about 3 inches too short. We had to deflate the tires and slowly creep it out.

wtfdissux

Reaction score
makes ya kinda dumb dont it but we can look back and say that was so big that it coulnt...... yep hidsight has a way glossing over the dumb stuff we all do from time to time

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigd1948