straight axle conv.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pinson27

Reaction score
:wacko: I recently bought a '89 bronco with a d44 straight axle conv.They did a great job on everything xcept for the tie rod from the pitman to the lower......it was abutcher and weld job that now needs replacing.I was wondering where or if any one makes a ready built alternative or perhaps something stock from another vehicle that would work.I would greatly appreciate any and all advice....thanks.

davids78bronco

fabricator extraordinaire
Reaction score
Most people will use a stock drag link - the proper term for what you're asking about - and others have gotten theirs custom made, and will get theirs from performanceunlimited.com

big95ford

Reaction score
I have a 95 f150 with straight axle conversion that I did myself. The stock 79 drag link will not work becouse it is to long. The steering box on the 79 is on the outside of the frame and the 80-96 is on the inside of the frame. I went to www.bulletproofsteering.com and they can custom make what you need to your measurments. This is the best steering system I have ever used. It has been on my truck for about 4 years now and has been put through alot and I have not had to replace any parts yet. Just to give you an idea I have a 95 f150, solid axle conversion, 10 in suspension, 3 in body, 351w, np 435, bw 1356, 38.5x14.5x15 tsl/sx, 4.56 gears and lockers in both ends.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23