Still working it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tompands

Reaction score
I've been working on my 1989 Bronco now for about 3 months. So far it's got a new radiator and shroud, reman trans, fixed the AC, disassembled the whole interior,cleaned and reassembled, repaired several tailgate problems, changed oil and filter, new distributor, wires and plugs. Got rid of K&N air filters and put a stock air filter box back in it.  It ran pretty bad until I did the distributor .  Now it purrs like a kitten.  I'm on to the vacuum lines.  There's 4 lines that come around the passenger side  of the intake  from the back , that just end, looks like they have been cut.  I dont know where they go. The smog pump is there but the pully has been removed. The PO has obviously deleted the smog pump.   The 302 engine runs great as it is, so do I need to worry about these  dead end vacuum lines or leave them as they are?  

Last edited by a moderator:

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Tom,

Good going!!!

Vacuum leaks will cause rough idle, high idleWhen vacuum leaks are indicated, search out and correct the condition. Excess air leaking into the system will upset the fuel mixture and cause conditions such as rough idle, missing on acceleration, or burned valves. If the leak exists in an accessory unit, such as the power brake, the unit will not function correctly. Or Air Conditioning when in MAX mode may switch to Defrost.,

Also, Check Engine Light will smile,etc, so let's  fix em.

Hoses on passenger side are for:

MAP Sensor, high on firewall near hood hinge

20190726_081400-jpg.jpg

EVP Sensor atop EGR Valve above exhaust manifold

http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/853885_1

TAB Valve (Thermactor Air Bypass) Valve)

thermactor-tab-air-bypass-valve2.jpg

Emission Vacuum Reservoir, aka coffee can near battery, marked as Cannister in first pic

emissions-vacuum-reservoir.jpg

And Hose to HVAC Vacuun Reservoir near evaporator cover) see my leak test

and to HVAC Outside Air/Recirculated Air Door Vacuum Motor near left hood hinge

IMG_3426Small.jpg

Here ya go,  Vacuum Hoses replacement by Booba5185 in an 89 F 150, which is same as a Bronco @  https://www.fullsizebronco.com/threads/replace-plastic-vacuum-hoses-with-rubber.192382/

○■●

And See  my vacuum leak test in post #20 @ 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23