Steering Stabalizer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drcarter0734

Reaction score
I found my fairly simple to install. And I think all manufactures are close to the install procedure. I personally believe they make a difference. It seems to absorb some of the road abuse, especially with oversize tires.

Kennel_Dog

Reaction score
I put mine on after I put the bigger tires and 4" lift and the only difference I notice is its more difficult to straighten out the wheel after a corner. Personally I dont like it but it was easy to put on so its gonna be easy to take off :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
I agree, I took mine off and I could steer again! Plus it gets in the way off road.

I run 38's and don't see any need for it. If the steering wheel is moving back and forth your tires are out of ballance or you have a bad wheel bearing, ball joint, tie-rod end, trac bar bushing.... |-)

4xfan78

Reaction score
On an older model bronco it's the best thing you can put on to help with the stearing. I love mine on my 79 so on the 78 that I am building I put 3 on it. Only takes a few minutes and great when off-roading.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
I have no steering stabilzer with 35's. UNless you mount them above the axle, they will get in the way when offroading. They do seem to help on the straight-axle frontends a bit more.

walkdawg

Reaction score
When I bought my 89 Bronco it had one on it I never thought nothing of it until now but I do have to turn my wheel back to center sometimes if I go a certain distance. I guess if I take mine off it would stop that if everything else is okay??

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
If you have the factory one, I would check if it still works, and make sure it's not leaking. Try it without it for a while and see for yourself if you need it or not. It is supposed to limit the steering wheel from sudden movement, that's why it's called a steering damper. I know it will seem to make the steering feel stiff, but may help out in certain driving conditions. I just drive slow all the time!!!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj