Stalling problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scubachris

Reaction score
Hey y'all,

Just put on my brand new rebuilt carb, and my Bronco runs like a dream. Here is the problem. When I take off from a stop, it stalls to the point where everything dies. Then it comes on like nothing happened. It has been doing thisfor a while, but I thought it was just my old carb's diaphragm leaking. A friend has said timing, but I am looking for more suggestions, so I can get it fixed right.

Thanks,

Chris

1984 302

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
2 possibilities come to mind:

1- The accel. pump is not functioning properly. Check if there is a strong shot of fuel in the venturies when the throttle is opened quckly, with the eng. off.

2- you may have attached the vacuum advance line to an incorrect port on the carb. It should be on a port that gets throttle acctivated vacuum. If it is on manifold vacuum, then when you axcellerate, the vacuum falls, and you get a stumble.

Good luck, and let us know what you find.

OP
OP
scubachris

scubachris

Reaction score
Ok, so here is the deal. The electric choke wire is not hooked up. Right now I have a tie wrap holding it open. I will try to find the wire tomorrow, but I will run one. Thanks for the help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23