Sqeaky Top

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

broncochick

Reaction score
[-o< Please make it stop!!!!!!!!! I have a 92 bronco which I LOVE but cant take the sqeaking coming from the fiberglass top and the doors. I bought it about 4 years ago and its just getting worse. I took the top off two times or so also put some weather stripping stuff in. Also the screws keep popping out all over the interior. Thought you bronco experts might have some good SOUND advice.

Much thanks!

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Hmm, the top shouldn't squeak a whole lot unless it's loose or the rubbers are worn out. May have one or more missing. You don't need all 13 bolts to hold it down, but the ones you use should be tight.

I also have the "dropping interior *****" syndrome from time to time. I bought some shiny stainless screws in various sizes at the local hardware store, and put those into the trim panels wherever any screws were missing. A slightly larger size holds up well so far! The holes or the original screws eventually get worn out.

Ktomek06

Reaction score
Yeah last time I put it on, I found that you have to use them in certain places because anytime I hit a bump it would make a clunk sound. :wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunner

Reaction score
ok you do NOT need all 13 bolts to keep the top on secure. i have 7 yes only 7 bolts holding my top on and i have no squeeking or water leakage you just have to make sure they are tight. oh the only reason i have 7 is because the guy who owned it before me stripped the other 6. i am going to fix it by welding the stripped holes and re drill them but as of right now there is no squeaking or clunking.

ratmrage

Reaction score
I agree with gunner. I bought an 89 bronco that had no bolts holding the top on. I drove it like that for 2 months, probably not to smart but I know the previous owner and he drove it like that for 3 years, I only put 3 in the top-front and 2 on each side, no squeaks or clunking now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula