Introduction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NGrudich

Reaction score
Hello! My name is Nick and I’m new here. This is my 1987 Bronco XLT. I just finished making this custom trim piece with my friend so it looks more polished when the top is off. Would love some feedback.
IMG_1470.jpegIMG_1486.jpegIMG_1455.jpeg

Motech

Reaction score
Hi Nick, welcome to The Zone!

I just finished making this custom trim piece with my friend so it looks more polished when the top is off.

Are these the trim pieces you made?

IMG_1486-01.jpeg

From your photos, that looks SWEET!

I suspect as more members see this, more pics will be requested.

And depending on what similar projects might be archived here, if you happened to take photos during the process, a tutorial would be a big hit too.

Nice work, it does make for a very clean look.

OP
OP
N

NGrudich

Reaction score
Thanks so much. I was thinking of making a mold to replicate this piece. I think it will fit Broncos from 1980-1996. Right now it is a single piece which would make it hard to ship. If I could make it in 3 pieces it could solve that issue and make it easy for 1 person to install. Might be a fun winter project

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Nick,
Welcome to our Bronco site!

Your trim addition is WELL DONE! YOU COULD ENJOY COLLECTING BOO-KOO $$$!

Here's the 1987 Bronco Dealer Brochure @ https://www.xr793.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/1987-Ford-Bronco.pdf

1987 Owner's Manual, partial (Towing it & 4 speed manual transmission shift patterns & operation) by Ford via Mikey350 @ 1996 Ford Bronco 87 Bronco Owners Manual pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

Haynes Red Manual for 80-95 Bronco & F Series @ Hanes guide 80-96 bko f series.pdf found by BroncMom.

See my mostly recovered site by schwim @ Ford Bronco And F-150 Links - FORD BRONCO
It contains boo-koo component repairs, installation & parts sources.
Be well!
Al

L\Bronco

Reaction score
Hey Nick, welcome to the zone!
That is a great piece of craftsmanship there! Hard to believe nobody tried that before!
Looks fantastic!
Nice Bronco as well!
Cheers

ragtop69

Reaction score
Hello! My name is Nick and I’m new here. This is my 1987 Bronco XLT. I just finished making this custom trim piece with my friend so it looks more polished when the top is off. Would love some feedback.
View attachment 31663View attachment 31664View attachment 31665
Nick, my '83 XLT was exactly the same color combination. What shade of blue is that. I am assuming the side panels are what Ford liked to call "Argent". BTW, I also added that tape stripe above the argent panel to pick the looks up a little. Mine had those big tripod trailer mirrors on it but no trailer hitch. Odd.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome.

I think it looks great. Certainly custom and unique. A lot cleaner. Don't have to worry about the clips falling out either.

paul rondelli

Reaction score
How in the sam **** did you find that beauty right in the middle of the rust belt!!

She is either a garage queen or a transplant from Arizona.

Either way

That is one rust free Bronco ...... and you are a very lucky owner.

Keep it on the pavement with the top off.

The top keeps everything tight and reduces body flex. You start ********* wheeling with the top off ... and those seams will flex and loosen around the B pillar

OP
OP
N

NGrudich

Reaction score
Thanks. It’s been in Michigan its whole life. Previous owner really took care of. Even saved the window sticker. I’ve had it for 3 years now and haven’t put a 500 miles on it yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK