spring shackles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ms_jetset

Redneck & The Bronco
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get spring shackles for a 95 Bronc? My mechanic is telling me he can't get it on the internet. He said he can only get it from Ford and there $98 a piece (and I'd need four of them). I can't bring myself to pay that after I just gave him $3200 for the lift and rims and tires. Not to mention the truck has 188,000 miles on it, and I only paid $1700 for the truck. PLEASE HELP!!!

OP
OP
M

ms_jetset

Redneck & The Bronco
Reaction score
http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-33262_...ring_hanger.htm

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fd/full.asp?page=121

#8, $60

those are just two i found real quick. there are a few other distributors out there. ive seen several of them online. most suspension companies like skyjacker etc should have something as well. usually they are relocation kits but you never know.
Thanks a bunch for your reply. I tried broncograveyard, (had in stored in my bookmarks). Found them for like $25-40. Don't know if it includes everything you need though. I guess it should. Apprciate your reply. Thanks-

shift1313

Reaction score
typically when you replace them you dont rivet them back to the frame. you have to install bolts. I would reccomend going with grade 8 hardware.

OP
OP
M

ms_jetset

Redneck & The Bronco
Reaction score
typically when you replace them you dont rivet them back to the frame. you have to install bolts. I would reccomend going with grade 8 hardware.
Thanks again bro. What happened is.. where I go muddin' is really cold and it warmed up a bit and I made 1-3 foot ruts, then came back to frozen ground and.. well a 95 Bronc and origanl underneth is basiclly deteriated and I bent them up good.

shift1313

Reaction score
fordshacklefliphanger.jpg

im not sure who makes these( i think rancho) but if you need them you might want to consider beefing them up and maybe getting a little lift out of it at the same time:)

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Might also check the classified forums for folks parting out their Bronco or F-150 ,as well as your local ads like Craig'sList. Do you need the "hanger" part that bolts to the frame, or the "shackle" that connects the frame bracket to the end of the leaf spring? I have two pairs of the rear spring rear hangers, since I removed them to do a "shackle flip mod". That's where you move the shackle from above the spring to below it, which gives you lift and more flex. It's a good mod IMO if you have a lift kit and want to replace the blocks. You'll get 4-5" lift this way. Sky Manufacturing also sells a new bracket to do the same thing, might check them out. And fire your mechanic (j/k) JSM84

Edit: Ah, cool!!! That red bracket is a SKY MFG flip bracket I was talking about. Here's a link to their website, looks like $150 for the two brackets:

http://www.sky-manufacturing.com/ford1.htm

Last edited by a moderator:

shift1313

Reaction score
jsm, do you have any pics of the shackle flip mod? i was just working on the shackles on my 89 f150 and i couldnt see how i could flip them and get any lift out of the deal. are you leaving the hanger on the frame the same and just flipping the shackle 180, or do you actually rotate the hanger as well?

Justshootme84

Reaction score
I'll find the thread where I posted the pics. Using the FRONT hanger for the rear springs in place of the REAR hanger for the rear springs does the same thing as the SKY MFG bracket. I used the hangers and shackles from my 88 F-350, since they're a bit larger than the stock Bronco parts. JSM84

I posted a pic in the thread on "rear springs":

http://broncozone.com/forums/index.php?sho...ckle+flip\

Here's the pic, using the F-350 hangers:

shackleflip847.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

shift1313

Reaction score
well that makes more sense using a front hanger. pictures worth a thousand words. thanks jsm!!

Broncobill78

Reaction score
:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ain't no maybe about it, for shackle-to-frame hardware you'd BEST use grade 8's. They cost what, $1 more ? I can't speak to Grade 5's but I *did* once meet up w/a guy up on a trail. The drivers side of the rear axle (a Jeep CJ of some vintage) had come right off & the the thing was sitting at almost a 90* angle to the rear of the truck. It looked like he'd mounted the shackles with studs until one of the guys I was with found one of the *ungraded* boltheads in the grass a few feet away. It had popped off just like a soda cap. Sometimes being cheap doesn't save you a dime.

Justshootme84

Reaction score
For sure, those are Grade*8 1/2" bolts on the hanger in that pic I posted. JSM84

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Root710