sport steering wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L\Bronco

L\Bronco

Reaction score
I don't have anything period correct, but I do have one or two Ford badged horn covers from retro steering wheel kits for a '68 and a '73 Mustang I tarted up for a customer a few years back. I will have to dig them out, and not sure where to start as my shop has moved since then and much of that stuff is somewhere inside two separate storage units.

I do know this though: These retro kits were produced by Grant, and the horn buttons are the same style as your more common aftermarket Grant steering wheels. The only real difference is the wheel stylings and Blue Oval badging. (I have these left over because customer chose the pony emblem buttons included in the kits)

Let me know if that common Grant style button for sure will not work and I'll not go hunting. But if it will or might, it's on, and if you want, I'm happy to gift them to a man who's skills and knowledge amaze me week after week.

Even if he is of the land "of hoary nights, where lonely men struggle to keep their fires lit and their cabins warm"
Thanks Motech, I really appreciate your kind words!
I have a couple leads up here, I have a friend who owns a really big salvage yard up here and he has had some luck. (Waiting on delivery, as always)
Thanks for the offer, but lets hold off for now.
Did my maiden voyage in the lightning resto mod last night. (It felt a bit how I would imagine the early mercury missions felt, Exiting and scary)
It drove very well and performed admirably (for a Beta test.) Now I have fiddlybits to deal with.
Exh tone, the rest of the weatherstrips, harness tidying....ect.
I didnt want to go too far without proof of concept.
Concept proved!
The wheel is way down the list now!
Cheers

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to find a center cap for the sport steering wheel? I found a wheel for my 79 project, but its missing the center cap and horn button.
Any help is appreciated, thanks.View attachment 29617
Thats a pict of the wheel, as I said, I'm looking for the center and horn button.
I,m still looking L/Bronco. That button takes a small ***** driver to pop it off. I,m hoping to get back and see Herald next week.

OP
OP
L\Bronco

L\Bronco

Reaction score
I,m still looking L/Bronco. That button takes a small ***** driver to pop it off. I,m hoping to get back and see Herald next week.
Thanks for the effort Johnny, but, I have decided to add cruise control, so Im not using the sport wheel anymore.
Thank you for the effort though.
Cheers

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I have seen plenty of the others with cruise control on them. Want me to get one of the for you?

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danno