Snorkel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigbad79

Reaction score
ok i know exactly how to do everything except mounting the snorkel to the carb. i dont have one of those old air cleaners to weld closed for a seal all i have to work with is a truck avenger carb so any ideas on securing a PVC elbow on top of carb? testimonials, pics, links, anything!

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
If its a 90 deg elbow, drill a hole on the top to allow a longer rod to come up thru to help hold it down. Use a rubber seal around the base of the pipe connecting to the carb.

OP
OP
B

bigbad79

Reaction score
thats a good idea the only problem is finding PVC to fit the top of the carb. its not a easy 4'' but 4.25 or 5 1/8'' so it wont sit properly over the carb. but really good idea. i wanna try and do something with that in mind

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
What about those rubber Ferncos (I thinks thats the name) they have a hose clamp on each end and have different sizes to fit to outer diameter of PVC pipe. Your carb might be close to one of those sizes. You can find these in any hardware stores or pipe supply joints.

Another idea is to pvc glue another larger pipe around the end of the inner pipe that is slightly too small. Pipe supply stores will have more options than a Hardware Store.

davids78bronco

fabricator extraordinaire
Reaction score
make your own air box. It's not that hard. Top and bottom lid, from a 9" open element air cleaner, some sheet metal, to close it in, and the "snorkel" fitting

Got pictures of yours?

OP
OP
B

bigbad79

Reaction score
good ideas guys. i think i'm best off makin my owns airbox, seems like i cant get anything to sit on top of my carb the way i want it to so i'll just use a normal carb base and buils off that

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula