Removing The Automatic Hubs On A 96 Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andersson

Reaction score
Okay i snaped off a wheel stud on my Bronco, so i need to replace it. I went to go remove the hubs, brought out the Dana 44 hub socket and it didnt fit. So what tool do i need to remove the hubs so I can replace the wheel stud. If you have a ford part # that would be great, thanks for the help.

andydic

Reaction score
its called a torx bit. I'm not sure what size it is, but you could probably go to Auto Zone and they could help you out.

OP
OP
A

andersson

Reaction score
LOL, im not talking about the covers, im talking about the spanner nuts on the hub, I have a dana 44 spanner socket for this, the thing is that it doesnt fit. Ive done alot of work on my other 81' bronco but it has factory manual hubs. I would just use a punch and hammer to get em off but i need to reuse them, and have to reinstall them too, so i dont want to go that route.

andydic

Reaction score
oh ok I see what your saying. When I replaced my hubs, I just used a flat head ***** driver and a hammer for that. you just have to be careful and go slowly.

andydic

Reaction score
the reason I used the screwdriver and the hammer is because i heard that a spanner socket has the potential of f#@king S*&T up.

viper

Reaction score
If you have an oriellys handy ,they loan a complete hub socket set. You gotta give up the purchase price, but on return sans dirt and grease you get a complete refund. use a credit card no harm no foul.
clap.gif
/biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /><' />
clap.gif
/biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /><' />

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula