RECALL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roadkill

Reaction score
The two things are not related. The fix for the recall is nothing more than replacing a wire that connects to a switch on the master cylinder. Remove the old one, plug in the new one, done. Not much to mess up.

Your problems are likely caused by faulty wiring in the column, comonly refered to as a clockspring. The clockspring is what allows the steering wheel switches to keep their electrical conection through the 360* rotation of the steering wheel.

deputy dog

Reaction score
:D/ ya!!!!!!the recall is verry easy my local ford dealer did it in 10 min

they just replace the brakemaster cylinder pressure sensor and install a updated harness inline with that sensor. done... thats it @-)

:)>-
I got a recall letter from ford about the cruise control anf my bronco is a 93.....I'm calling tommorrow to see what the dealio us

comebakthursday

Reaction score
Just thought id let you guys know, my cruise control on my 95 lit up and caused a bunch of circuits to short. It caused my fuse that controls my transmission lock, my anti lock breaks, my hazard signals, my break lights, and my EEC to blow and i originally had to re-wire it all. Luckily i found the shift lock plug under the dash and got my transmission to shift and then wired a wire from the hot break switch to another 12v fuse and got my break lights working. Somehow doing that, i also got my hazard lights working. My horn doesnt though and im not sure about my EEC or anti lock breaks.

Just thought id let yall know about all the trouble this screwed up cruise control cause me..

ms_jetset

Redneck & The Bronco
Reaction score
anybody have the recall information from ford....concerning the faulty cruise control switch? ....
Yes, I got a letter from Ford stateing the same. They say however the repair can be usually done while you wait.

Oh yea, what they say is..the speed control deactivation switch may leak, posing the risk of an underhood fire. This condition can occur either when the vehicle is parked or when it is being operated, even if the speed control is not in use. Also the repairs are free of charge (parts and labor).

Last edited by a moderator:

bko4x4er

Reaction score
we had a 1998 f150 with the 5.4 triton. it was aa teal extended cab.

the master cylinder caught on fire and caught the part of the cab too.

i dont know if it relates to this problem but thye said it was part of the recall.

92bronco_in_progress

Yeah its a 92 bronco
Reaction score
here are the pics of the recall that my ford dealer did. it consited of a new brakemaster cylinder pressure sensor and a inline harness. this is the permiant fix from them :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. this was done under the recall notice that i received and was no charge to me.

look how clean that engine compartment is

Elmo

Reaction score
Hey Broncozone thanks for all the knowledge here havent needed to ask any questions cause you have already seen my problems and fixed them along with great write ups to boot. But ford did not fix my problem with my 02 expedition. I had the recall done as suggested by ford,just an inline fuse pluged into the sensor at master cylinder. A short 10 months later after i drove to work i got a call from security saying there was a vehicle on fire in the parking lot so we needed to get the plant fire brigade into action. Come to find out it was my vehicle on fire. Word to the wise keep constant check on the wires at the master cylinder if you do not use the cruise unplug it.

P1170284.JPG

BUBBAS 666

Reaction score
Yeah. It's a simple fix... I do about 10-15 on a daily basis.

If it the connection is dry and it takes more than 3 minutes for them to add the harness for you... they're probably not even looking at your vehicle.

If you do have brake fluid on your switch, then it'll take about 40 minutes to clean and get a new switch and harness put in.

The latter is a pain to do. Especially on Crown Victoria's and Grand Marquis'. You have to disassemble the fender well to replace the switch.

Had an F-150 come in the other day and the thing was completely corroded through and crumbled apart when I disconnected it. He ended up needing an entire new master cylinder because it was so corroded.

fyreduck1921

Reaction score
My letter from Ford states Recall #05S28 regarding a risk of underhood fire even if key is not in ignition. Origionally, they were only disconnecting the cruise control units due to a shortage of replacement parts. My letter is dated December 2008 and states that your dealer should now have the replacement parts and can make the repair free of charge. Also per the letter: "Until your vehicle is repaired, please park your vehicle away from structures to prevent a potential underhood fire from spreading." There is also a phone number listed 1-888-222-2751. Hope this helps.

broncoguy18

Reaction score
i got one in the mail recently about an overdrive sensor on my 93?!?!?! anyways i took it to ford and looks like they just replaced a wiring harnes. simple

Chrish_jr

Reaction score
not to bring up an old post, but felt it was a good idea to let anyone reading this that the recall still stands and currently has no charge. Just had mine done on the 27th and it only took 45 minutes total to replace the sensor and add the new updated harness.

nevadagary

Reaction score
I just bought my 96 Bronco and the cruise didn't work so I installed a jumper in the switch plug but I did call the dealer today and asked if my truck has been fixed and no it hasn't so I take it in Monday to have the switch/harnmess done.....yipee

scott144

Reaction score
Is there still a recall for this? My cruise control doesn't work on my 95

Hoever

Reaction score
I did the fix myself took 10 min if that here is the part
Motorcraft SW6350 Brake Repair Kit it cost me $31.00 on amazon you can find them on ebay

ragtop69

Reaction score
here are the pics of the recall that my ford dealer did. it consited of a new brakemaster cylinder pressure sensor and a inline harness. this is the permiant fix from them :D . this was done under the recall notice that i received and was no charge to me.

View attachment 2283

View attachment 2284
My '95 had that dealer fix on the original pressure switch when I bought it and the CC didn't work either. I bought the newer switch and replaced the Ford "fix" and still no joy. Finally bought a used servo from a local JY specializing in Ford truck parts and it cleared the whole problem up. IIWY, however, I'd replace the factory pressure switch anyway. Apparently they tend to leak and cause fires. Never a good thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke