Rear Window Defroster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pattygook

Reaction score
SO, a couple days ago, I accidentally smashed out my rear window. I just got a new one and it has a defroster built into it. My previous window didn't have one on it, so I don't have wiring going back there right now. Does anyone know what I need to do to get it to work? How about just a plain old toggle switch that'll run it straight from the battery? Fuse rating? I've never done this before, and I definitely knew this is the place to ask.

Seabronc

Reaction score
I don't have a diagram for a BII, but I can't see any reason it is not the same as a FSB. In fact Ford uses the same controls for various things in numerous model vehicles. Attached is a diagram. Your truck probably has the wiring for the control up to the dash where it plugs in. You will probably find an unused connector under the dash near the climate control. I'd suggest that you go to a junk yard and remove the control from a junker. You may have to add the wiring from the control to the rear window. On a FSB it is 10 ga. wire.

Good luck,

:)>-

Rear_window_Circuit2.jpg

OP
OP
P

pattygook

Reaction score
Do you know if i can simply run a wire from the battery back to the defroster with just a switch and fuse in between? I really want to keep this as simple as possible, but if what I said won't work, I'll have to do it your way (which sounds better and safer, just more time consuming).

Zeuster

Reaction score
I don't think it is a good idea to run just a toggle switch back to the defrost in the window. I know from the factory they have a timer in there so it turns off, I think after 15 minutes. I think it is there so it doesn't overheat.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula