Passenger window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Js32274

Reaction score
Hey guys
79 bronco..passenger side window. Will roll down but is very hard to roll up. I just put in a new trim kit. I don’t have the same problem on the other side. I have used lithium grease where I can. Any ideas or tips on why it is so hard to roll up? I am afraid the glass will break if I keep messing with it.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Was it like that before the New trim?

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep, I have used silicon spray. If you can find a "food Grade" silicone it is awesome because it doesn't transfer and make the glass gooey like other sprays.

did you glue the felt liner in? Could it be pulling loose and bunching up in the track?

The other thing I have done is actually tear the felt liner leaving an edge for the glass to catch on while it goes up. You again can glue it back down.

Other than that, did you take the tracks loose? If the tracks get too wide the glass can tip in there and drag really hard rather than going straight up and down.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo
Supermotors.net is down again today, so soon it will be back 9n-libe soon.
For the window issue,, here's the 1979 Bronco/F Series Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual by Ford via member Ziggy⚠ @
1979 Ford Bronco Wiring Manual pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net
It shows Electrical component location, operation, troubleshooting, with wiring and vacuum diagrams.

Same for 1979 Ford Bronco Wiring Schematics, Connector Pin-outs, etc by Ranger429 @ 79 wiring schematics

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo