Rear Storage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bebop Man

Reaction score
I got tired of using egg crates and ammo boxes to organize stuff in the back of my Bronco. I saw a DIY project on TV that made a storage unit for the back of the full size pickup, so I decided that would be a good start for my Bronco.

P3290143.JPG

Here's the finished project, covered in diamond tread rubber floor mat. Got the mat cheap online at www.floormatcompany.com, about $40 with shipping in a 60x48x1/8" size.

P3290144.JPG

The original project had 3 large slide-out drawers and 4 smaller wing drawers. I opted for 5 flip-top bins, keeping the 4 wing drawers.

P3290145.JPG

P3290146.JPG

Here are the wing drawers. I don't drive with the tailgate down, but if I did, I could take a little bar and ***** it to the divider between the drawers and twist it up to secure them both.

P3290147.JPG

Here's a view from the front. I put it two flip-top lids, so I can access the front portion from inside, without having to roll down the rear window.

I started with a sheet of OSB, and cut two 48x35 pieces for the top and bottom. the top piece got cut at the 3,15,20,and 32" lines to make up the front and rear braces, doors, and middle brace. Piano hinges attach the doors to the middle brace, with recessed handles to grab. The dividers are 9" wide, and they are spaced so I have 2 10" bins, 2 8" bins, and 1 7" bin. The wing drawers are 8" wide, 18" deep, and 3 1/2" tall. As you can see, I can get all my emergency gear and tools in there, and still have the full area free for my dog to ride back there or all the camping gear.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj