rear springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89eddie89

Reaction score
ok so i went the cheap way when i got the lift. well it still wasnt cheap.. but you know what i mean. i got 2.75" blocks in the rear. so now i am trying to find some 4" rear springs. anybody know a good deal on a pair?? and how much i could buy them for??

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
New 4" to 6" lifted rear springs will run you $400-$500. Consider the Sky Mfg. shackle flip kit, which is around $200? Or get a pair of the rear spring front hangers from another Bronco or F-series truck and save the money you'd spend on the Sky brackets. USe your stock rear springs with the shackle flip. IF you look at the rear hanger on the Bronco rear springs, you'll see that the shackle part rides on the top of the hanger. The shackle flip is just that, it flips the shackle to below the hanger for about 4" of lift. JSM84

I used the 88 F-350 hangers on my 84 Bronco:

shackleflip847.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
It won't sag if you get the shackle angle correct. I added a pic to my first post. You should get new u-bolts, and may or may not need to use the factory angles blockes depending on how your pinion angle is. I'm not using any blockes at all, and a pair of new u-bolts for the Sterling 10.25" axle were about $30. This mod will move the axle about 1-1/2" forward, so the wheel won't be centered in the wheel opening. I found a set of 1" thick, zero-rate blocks with an offset center pin hole that I may try out later on to re-center the axle. But if I don't get any tire contact with the rear quarter panels, I'll leave them out. Hardest part was removing the rivets from the F-350 hangers on the original truck. JSM84

Broncobill78

Reaction score
There are a few solutions to the problem. A shackle flip as JSM mentioned is one. Finding a local spring rebuilder (often found on truck routes or where you also find other shops that cater to commercial trucks) and having them re-ached is another. You can make your own, I've done this myself by using an add-a-leaf kit and then adding in a *second* leaf from the springpack off a parts truck. The ride wasn't as harsh as I feared it would be. You can also just contact SkyJacker or any of the other lift companies and ask how much a 4" springpack will cost, if you go this way I'd take the time to contact ALL the mfg's because you'll probably find a pretty wide variety of prices.

OP
OP

89eddie89

Reaction score
yeah im thinking i am going to just end up getting new leafs. cause the ones i have now are about 20 years old. and i need the flex haha

stusainte

Reaction score
when I bought my lift I got the 4" spings ( just don't trust blocks!!) they were only about 200.00 Rough Country hase some pretty good deals if you want springs instead of blocks good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23