Rear Glass Woes!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wliebhard

Reaction score
I need some advice. I have a project Bronco, '85 w/ Cummins/47RE/NP241. While re-wiring the rear glass, the glass broke! I got a new one from the local salvage yard, it was in a pile, but marked '82-'96, so I think it's the right one. The problem is that the glass stops moving about 2-3" from the top. I checked the glass movement with the tailgate down, and It moves all the way up. I also removed the wheatherstipping and pushed the glass rearward while putting it up, and it went all the way up. It seems like the glass is too wide (side to side) for the top. Any suggestions on a fix before I break out Mr. router and 'alter' the weatherstripping's channel??

Shadow_D

Reaction score
First of all, Welcome to the B Zone!
clap.gif
/biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /><' />

The window should fit without ripping up the weatherstrip.

Do a search for tailgate compatibility here on this board, someone posted that question and there was something with the adjustments and the rear window.

I think it is a simple adjustment fix. There is a link in that post that will show the differences between the years for the tailgate and rear window.

Maybe the gate isn't closing all the way, that will cause your problem as well.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj