Radioactive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brian

Reaction score
I need a radio for my 91 EB. I bought a Ford Premium sound radio from a member here. I went to the radio shop to get the wiring harness plug for the back of my new radio and the man said the my new radio won't work in my truck. He said with a Ford premium sound radio you need the amp. that is mounted in the back of the Bronco. Is this true?Does it pay me to get the amp. and run the speaker wires back to the amp. and then back to the dash where the speaker wires connect?Did I get snookered?Does anyone have a stock Ford radio for sale? Thanks Brian

Seabronc

Reaction score
:( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> He is probably right. An amp is usually required to get the power required to drive the speakers. I had to add a small one from a BroncoII to get my 1983 sterio radio to adequately drive my rear speakers. You could try your local friendly Pick & Pull. Most people don't think to look for the amp when pulling a radio out of a wreck. Maybe the guy you baught it from has the amp and doesn't realize that he actually has it.

Good Luck, :-"

OP
OP
B

Brian

Reaction score
Seabronc, I PMed the guy I bought the radio from but no reply yet.I'm trying to figure out if it's worth the time and money to get the amp. I just need a radio, and wanted the stock one.Thanks Brian

hawk2100n

Wants Overdrive
Reaction score
some times the amp is in the glove compartment, mine is. ask the seller if it is.

Seabronc

Reaction score
I just looked in my garage. I have a premium amp from a van installation including the harness. As Hawk said, it was mounted on the passenger side of the van I took it out of. I was originally going to use it in my Bronco but decided on the much easier adoption of a BroncoII amp, I don't have a premium radio just an original 1985 AM/FM.

I don't know about it's condition or if the plugs match yours, probably not, but you can have the whole thing for $5 bucks to cover packing and shipping. The van was there because of engine failure and it was an 80's vintage. Take it to your radio shop and see if they can adapt it.

If you don't want it, give me the year Bronco it came out of and the next time I go to my local friendly auto recycler, I'll look for one for you.

OP
OP
B

Brian

Reaction score
Hey Seabronc, I'm not sure what year the radio I bought is.But for $5.00 bucks, I think maybe I can make it work.This radio has a vertical row of plug- in pins and a square plug -in with about 8 pins. I'm gona PM you.Thanks Brian

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj