posted somewhere else first

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Country

Reaction score
i postedthis in techsupport andthought i would post it here for more info i just flushed the radiator and the coolant in there was clean. i even ran some flush chemin the radiator too. the foamyness is gone but it's stillleakingcoolantfrom the overflow. and now the gauge reads right in the middle of normal right when i start the truck and i have no power going to my coolant temperature sensor??? so now i am really confused as to how my gauge is reading anything with no power to the sensor. unless thehavea temp sensor somewhere else onthe truck. any thoughts, suggestions, or whateverwill behelpful

Ok a couple of things. All the power problems i had with the bronc are good now. Thanks Seabronc and yardape, and everyone else for the advice. Unfortunately, there are other problems. And it involves coolant. First question is where the **** is the thermostat supposed to go? According to the haynes manual it is supposed to be at the far end of the top hose coming out of the radiator. Only mine isn't there and where the hose goes to looks too small to house a thermostat.

Next question. What does foamy coolant mean?

I continue to overflow my overflow container and lose coolant. it's almost as if the system is not completing it's cycle. I am going to try to flush it myself this weekend. to my knowledge, all that involves is draining the valve while a water hose is running ater throught it and until it runs clean. then plug valve and fill. If I do not use the valve and use the bottom hose instead will it be as effective a flush? i believe thats it any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated. I will continue to search the site for similar posts.

Thanks guy and girls.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Big C, here's the link to your other thread in the tech section. Let's try to respond in that one, since there are already a few replies. I'll leave your thread up here so more folks can see it. JSM84

IF your coolant is overflowing, my first question is the obvious. Did you put too much when you filled it up? Other thing is it sounds as if you have ablockage somewhere. Either the water pump is cavitating or not working, or you have a bloc kin the water passages in the block. The thermostat is supposed to be on the front-top of the intake manifold where the top radiator hose connects to the water neck. Pull off the water neck and the thermostat fits under it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gryph