coolant reservoir

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scubscout53

Reaction score
I just replaced my radiator overflow/coolant reservoir tank. (the plastic mounting bracket was broke so it tilted forward) The new tank didn't include the pump and my old pump worked fine so I used it. First thing I noticed was there was no pressure on the spray pattern, it was just barely flowing from the misting nozzles. When I stopped I opened the hood and the washer fluid was slowly leaking from the area around the front of the pump. Should I have bought a new pump? Obviously the leak is robbing pressure from the spray misters.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Can you have someone hold the wiper/washer switch on and you can listen for it?

I would imagine the pump is stuck or bad. But if it is leaking you have to pull it anyway.

Do you have your old pump? Or you can get a new one. They usually are not too expensive.

OP
OP
S

scubscout53

Reaction score
It’s pumping, just no pressure. Probably old seals. It was fine in the old reservoir but maybe it’s because it had been in there a while and once I removed it, the sales are dried and are seated well.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
It’s pumping, just no pressure. Probably old seals. It was fine in the old reservoir but maybe it’s because it had been in there a while and once I removed it, the sales are dried and are seated well.
You said you saw it dripping, is it dripping all the time? Or only when you are trying to spray? Meaning there is a hole in the hose.

I suppose make sure there is nothing blocking the inlet to the pump as well.

L\Bronco

Reaction score
It drops all the time.
I have re-used the pump many many times, but, sometime the seal is hardened from age. Try pulling it back out and putting a little dielectric grease on the lip seal on the pump. occasionally the lip rolls over and leaks.
Otherwise, it's pump time.
Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke