noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89eddie89

Reaction score
When i drive my bronco every once in a while i will hear a squeaking noise. and i am not sure what it is, because a few months ago i had the same noise keep happening.

so i replaced the driveshaft and the problem was solved. but now i can hear the noise again. does anyone know what it could possibly be?? and what i could do to fix it??

thanks

[-o<

Last edited by a moderator:

bidibronco

Reaction score
Where is the noise coming from? Does it get louder as you accelerat or slow down or turn left/right?

OP
OP

89eddie89

Reaction score
the noise is definately under the car.. somewhere most likely near the driveshaft

the noise stays the same. it doesnt matter whether i am giving it gas or coasting. it squeaks about every rotation. but i just dont know where it is coming from..

bidibronco

Reaction score
A little way to find out where the noise is coming from. Put the truck on some good sturdy jack stands under the rear axle. KEEP the vehicle OUT of 4wd and make sure the front hubs are unlocked. Start the truck and just inguage the tranny in any gear. Take a look under the truck and see exactally where the noise is comeing from and you'll get a better idea of what it is. Make sure the jackstands are stout enough for the weight and go about this the SAFEST way you can. That may give you a better idea of where the noise is and what is causeing it.

OP
OP

89eddie89

Reaction score
That sounds like a good idea. I may try that

Ill get back to you and let you know what it could possibly be coming from..

OP
OP

89eddie89

Reaction score
bill,

I would say it has been a good few months since the last time i lubed any of those parts up..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23