Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alaskan79

Reaction score
Hi all. I've owned a '79 Bronco for the better part of 20 years with big dreams and no money. The road salt has taken a drastic toll on it, but it's not going to die without a fight! Some stats: semi-fresh 400m, Edelbrock 4bbl intake and carb, new fuel tank in '98. The rest is 100% original with 190K. That said, it's a bit worn out top to bottom, but is still ultra dependable. My son and I are going to resurect it as it will soon be his and we need all the help we can get. I have read many posts here and can see the wealth of knowlege the members of this forum offer, so get ready for the questions to come! I'll try to include current photos pertaining to each question as some of the repairs/upgrades will be new for me. Looking forward to a fun project.

P.S. What happened to Cage Offroad/BloodyKnuckle Garage? I want their radius arms.

028.JPG

Seabronc

Reaction score
Welcome to the Zone :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> . Where in Alaska are you? One of my favorite states. Definitely, pictures of the area you are talking about are a help in getting a more accurate response. From that picture, I have seen worse. Looks like new quarter panels and inner rear fender metal are in order or you may be able to get away with just new metal around the arch. I just finished up doing some drastic body work last fall, click on my supermotors link and look at the 2009 - 2010 Body work pictures. Salt is a major problem here in the North East also, and probably in most Northern states.

Glad to have you on board.

Good luck,

peace.gif

Bronco grease

Reaction score
My dad had my 1974 Bronco in Alaska for years. He pushed snow with it. The rust real Bad! I'm working on replacing the floor pans now.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo,

Welcome!

Some info for you;

Jim (the man behind Cage Offroad) is now operating under Bloody Knuckle Garage.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bloody-Knuckle-Garage/193553130690954

On 13 June 20111, Blandon asked Jim,

"Are you making suspension parts for the 1979 broncos still?"

Jim replied;

"Yes, 2", 4", 6.5" and 7" coils available as well as radius arms, dual shock mounts, shackle flips, track bar drop brackets and pitman arms. Let us know what you need."

GL!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23