Back Window Wont Go Down On Own

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4tillidie

Reaction score
i just bought an 1986 bronco xlt and theres a couple of things wrong but one thing i just cant wrap me head around my back window

see i turn the key in the back of the tailgate and i can hear the motor working but only when i physically push the window down or pull it up then it moves

help please thanks

Seabronc

Reaction score
If the motor operates, it sounds like the gear that drives the regulator is bad. You can get a new gear fromJeff's Bronco graveyard.

Good luck,

:)>-

stinger

Reaction score
more than likely the transmission of the window motor crapped out. you can take the motor transmission apart and fix it with 6 1/4" nuts . after you take the plate off that is around the gear that drives the motor you need to clean out all of the broken plastic peices and you should be able to put 2 nuts stacked into each of the three openings. it will look kinda like a three leaf clover , fill with quality bearing grease and put back together. i did this to my 85 and the motor works the window just fine even though the track is kinda messed up on mine . if you have any questions just pm me and i will try and help ya out

jfrbronco

Reaction score
Mine does still work but has trouble going all the way up without help. any suggustions would be great! :)>-

stinger

Reaction score
sorry i dont have any pics but will try to draw something up tonight when i get home from work , unless i get rained out then can start on it sooner

stinger

Reaction score
Mine does still work but has trouble going all the way up without help. any suggustions would be great! :)>-
i also sometimes have to help my window up or down by shaking it around . the stupid track is a little messed up on mine and keeps breaking the rivits in the window track and gets caught on the wires. but the window motor has not broke again thanks to my fix. got home late will try and get some drawnings made and scanned the loaded onto the sight asap

cowboydan

Reaction score
on my 87 i just rewired between the tailgate and the tail light. i found my tailgate pulling on the wire loom all the time works great now. even when wet

stinger

Reaction score
hope this helps instructions are in my gallery in the comments of the pic and will also post in the how to articles

gallery_1227_64_1091842225.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat