Need opinions, Might sell the bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muddrivermike

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I am at the point where Im probably going to put my bronco up for sale. My problem is, Im trying to come up with a reasonable price. Now I know you never get what you will put into a vehicle,but at the same time I cant take a beating. I bought this truck almost 7 yrs ago for $6000. I have the body pretty much 95% rust free with complete new rear quarters,new floors,front fenders and various other parts. New bart supertrucker wheels about 3 months ago. Now the major mod is, I have REBUILT an 89 6bt cummins diesel that is in it along with a rebuilt trans to the diesel. An advanced adapters ford T case adapter to the diesel 727 trans. I probably only have 1500 miles on it all. I have some performance parts in the injection pump as well...Dana 60 axles FRONT and rear with 4.56s. New other parts through out as well. I have a kayline soft top as well,but may sell that separately just to get extra money. And most likely keeping the winch for the next vehicle I plan to get. I love this truck,but for me to drive it on the high way,the gearing would need to be higher and I just dont want to put the money into it anymore. Even when wheeling it, I NEVER beat it.I crawled through stuff, I drove it as a daily driver with the gas engine for 5 yrs. So I wasnt going to wheel it and beat it up just to have something go wrong going to work or where ever. It has a factory roll bar. The rest is in my sig... I just am tired of wrenching on things after going to work to wrench on things for a living....Honestly the only issues that it has is, It needs a real paint job and the steering wants to follow the crowns in the road, Beside that everything is good. I just figured maybe people here might have an honest opinion of what I could expect to sell it for. What I would sell it would be the down payment on something newer..Thanks ahead to all...Mike :)>-

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo MIKE,

I live about 30 miles away and have found that it is very difficult to sell a vehicle because of all the used car lot scammers from Philly that call and ask to meet 1/2 way to Philly and then come up with BS about this and that and insulting remarks about us being scammers! then they come up with a $300.00 offer for a van that local dealer offered $2,500.00. One jo started this van and asked for a test drive that we agreed to; he got in, turned engine on and then floored it until the valves floated; my #2 son pulled him out by his neck to stop him from causing further damage.

Others came to see another van and complained about the color, white and left. AC, eng, tranny were in great condition and just passed NJ inspection. Another came, but had not a cent to her name and asked us to take monthly payments

Jeff's has a classified section that may help you find a sim diesel or other

conversion http://broncograveyard.com/classifieds.php

I scanned though many pages but only saw one where owner began a diesel conv., but did not complete it. http://broncograveyard.com/classifieds?search=true&year-s=1978&year-e=1979&model=Bronco&state=&item-type=ride&start=91

GL!

Seabronc

Reaction score
Why don't you post some detailed pictures of the outside and interior. It would be easier to make a judgement on the truck. Just keep in mind it would only be our opinion. If you look on some place like eBay, keep in mind that the numbers you see there are asking prices not necessarily what they are getting. We often think what we are selling is worth more than we can actually get. Also, you will be asking someone to pick up a project car.

I am pretty sure that you can search eBay motors to see what similar vehicles have actually sold for. You don't have to list it for auction on eBay, you can just put it on as a classified ad. Watch out for scamers, they will often respond with an offer larger than what you are asking, claiming that the will send a money order or a fake certified check along with a shipper to pick up the vehicle. Craig's List is notorious for this and eBay is not immune to it when you use the classified ad method. At least eBay auction gives you buyer protection but you pay them a percentage of the sale where you don't with the classified ad.

Also you can list it here but your exposure here is more limited.

Post pictures,

peace.gif

OP
OP
muddrivermike

muddrivermike

Reaction score
Yeah Miesk5. I never meet anyone anywhere. I usually have them come to me. I was looking at Broncograveyards section just to see. And Seabronc, I have to get some newer pics together to post up. I sell stuff all the time on Craigslist and get those scam emails all the time and just delete them. I tell people in the ad to included their number to prove they are real and it usually gets rid of the fake garbage. Yeah opinions are what im looking for as to what people might say what they think they would be willing to pay for something like this ,If they were looking for this set up. No feelings going to be hurt here,haha. Just trying to get an idea of what it might be worth to the outside world.. Thanks for the input..Mike

OP
OP
muddrivermike

muddrivermike

Reaction score
Ok guys heres just a couple pics. The interior is clean,no rips or anything. Its all good. It just would need a real paint job. Sorry about how big they are coming through..Im not good at resizing pictures. Like I said. **** looking for opinions..Im still not sure if im going to sell it just for a down payment on something new or take out a small loan and buy something in full...Either way just like to see..Thanks Mike :)

103_0509.JPG

103_0504.JPG

103_0505.JPG

103_0506.JPG

103_0507.JPG

103_0508.JPG

103_0502.JPG

103_0503.JPG

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo Mike,

I can't even guess at a price because of all the work & $ you put into the Bronco.

Can only suggest that you figure what you need for a down on your next vehicle and go on from there. Maybe put a 4 Sale sign on it and go to some 4x4 trails (such as @ RT 206/Batso area & @ the Brigantine Beach 4 X 4 Parade 2013 Saturday, May 18th 2 – 8pm

http://bb-nj.com/event/brigantine-beach-4-x-4-parade-2013/

GL!

OP
OP
muddrivermike

muddrivermike

Reaction score
Yeah.. Im still up in the air with this all. I kinda got an idea of what Id put it up for and what Id let it go for.. Thats whats so hard about it. The years Ive owned this and the amount of work I got into it..Its a unique bronco at this point after all this. IMO.. Ill eventually get my head straight on what I want to do..Thanks Mike

OP
OP
muddrivermike

muddrivermike

Reaction score
Well things have changed here. Ive decided to keep my bronco. I have too much time into it and Im attached to it, Haha. Just like, just about anything anyone builds,,,,Its unique compared to every other everyday vehicle on the road. So Im going to finish doing whatever I want to do to the truck until its done Thanks for eveyones input...

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar