Need Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

loonybin335

Reaction score
I just turned 16 and i need a car ive been looking at broncos and i fell in love! My parents are going to buy me a car for 3,000. This car is going to be getting me to and from school and work and i wanted to know if it would be reliable or if it is going to breakdown every week? Would you reccomend this for a new driver? Also my dad is a bit hesitent on getting me a bronco because of gas and he thinks its to big do you guys have any information that could help me persuade him? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in Advance!!

BabyBronc

Reaction score
This takes me back five years to when I was 16. . . I learned how to drive in a 250 duty and kept asking my mama for a bronco. . . She laughed at me, "Your daddy had two of them. . . they're top heavy. . . no." I went to the extent of cutting out every classified add for a bronco in the paper. . . My 16th birthday wheeled around, without a bronco. . . got a new show horse and the promise of "A car" after I took my test.

Long story short: I got a bright blue, VW new beetle. . . it was cute, but my mama got **** for it "you could have bought me five broncos, mom, or paid my gas for two years!". . . I got my bronco after I graduated with some hard earned work/ grad money.

Broncos are an amazing ride, but they can be a little. . . big.

I look at my old bug now for the cute little "toy" that it is, but at the same time, "I'm glad I waited" (I'm really lying. . . but, I wound up with the perfect bundle of bronco a year and some change later anyway)

In a nut shell, if you grew up driving big trucks, than it'll do you good, (I learned how to wheel the duty when I was 12) but otherwise, bronco IIs are smaller and a good way to work your way up in the bronco world. (I'm not too big on them, but my uncles had his since he bought it new in 88 and wouldn't give it up for anything) Any small truck is good too. . . I got a 07 tacoma as my daily driver and shes fun to drive. . . just too pretty to get dirty.

Back in the day, I went from Beetle to Bronco in a millisecond. . . except that I recall driving her home was a pain, because none of the gauges worked and I was afraid she was gonna explode. . .

take it this way: a good bronco is worth waiting for and you can always sell whatever your parents make you get.

-Kari

89Bronco58

Reaction score
as long as you can drive responsibly, your less likely to flip over, esp if it isnt lifted, its hard to flip. Just tell your dad that yes, they are a little heavier than other cars, but they have good crash test ratings because they pretty much just plow thru anything in thier way, so if you hit someone odds are youd walk away fine. If he worried about gas, just say that you will pay for it and wont ask him for money, if you want a broncothat bad, just dont give up on it

keeprollling

Reaction score
My first bonco came in a few years after I got my license, I got mine when my dad and myself put some money together to get it. He loved it but I loved it more. I am pretty sure if you find one in good shape with the suspension working very well, and then you take him for a test drive, he will also fall in love with it.

BabyBronc

Reaction score
My first bonco came in a few years after I got my license, I got mine when my dad and myself put some money together to get it. He loved it but I loved it more. I am pretty sure if you find one in good shape with the suspension working very well, and then you take him for a test drive, he will also fall in love with it.

My dad came over and stole my bronco once to have some estimate done to make everything look new. . . it was like, "8.7k". . . I told him to ***** himself and just get me a paint job for my birthday when shes ready. . .

Not sure about ya'll, but my daddy is a priss. . .

Mama is the "red neck"

muddog

Reaction score
i never was into all of this stuff until i hit 21. I saw a bronco and it just hit me. I had to have one. so i got a 93 with a 5.8l. and now i will never sell it. NEVER! sure things are going to go wrong and need to be fixed, but remember, all makes and all models need work sometimes, foreign or american. broncos are well worth the money and should provide many years of enjoyment(as long as you treat her good.) from what ive experienced in my bronco, they are the at the top of the food chain when it comes to wheelin. yeah jeeps are good but try to find a jeep that can off-road and pull anyone of his buddies out of a hole. i dont think youll have a problem with rollin it as long as you aren't being stupid with it, but that goes with any vehicle. trust me, you wont be disappointed with it. and if it gives you fits, look at it this way, youll learn how to be a good machanic!

Mike @ Tracy

Reaction score
There is a '79 in Reno Nevada, 6 inch lift, nice paint, new interior, "fresh" motor, custom front and rear bumpers and a nasty looking set of tires on it for 3,000. If you want a bronco you will get one. I wanted one from around thirteen and I finally got mine two weeks before I turned thirty. A Bronco is like everything else there are good ones and bad ones. Be thankful that you're parents are helping you get a car and if it turns out you get a Bronco out the gate remember to tell them" thank you". If not keep looking and you will find you're Bronco.

RBuffordTJ

Reaction score
Well gas is a little high but if you learn to keep your foot out of it...it won't be too bad. A bronco is a good vehicle, but like everything else with an engine you got to keep it in good shape or your on the side of the road. If they don't get you one, don't sweat it, take care of what the give you, polish it up real nice and when you find a rig you want sell yours and pick up your new bronco.

Rick in Orlando

bryan thomas

Reaction score
Hey there, Just for your info. I think a bronco isn't a bad first vehicle. It was my first vehicle. A 1987 fullsize XL with the 5.0 and manual lock outs. I can tell you honestly in the four years I owned that beast that I only ever got stuck once and never ever flipped. I had one accident and it hardly left a mark other than the bumper being bent in slightly and the tail light being shattered. Fourty dollar fix total. I loved it so much I bought the 92-96 model year when it was time to purchase my third truck. Yeah yeah of course you get that whole bull deal from mom and dad about gasoline. Honestly it costs almost $80 to fill mine up each week at around $2.78 a gallon with my 35 gallon tank. So if you don't make more than that a week on top of insurance and payment costs I wouldn't advise getting one. Other than that I would get what you capable of buying. If you are going to beat the **** out of it the older ones are nice to have. If you plan on having a decent nicer looking vehicle that you do business out of a late model year like mine is nice. You wouldn't believe the compliments I get about mine as nice as I keep it.

Other trucks are bad. If your exploring around and think a small or mini truck will suffice that's not a bad idea either. I had a 98 Ranger XLT 2WD and it did good for a while. But after owning it for a couple of years I started to miss what my first Bronco offered. I'm 6'1 and the Ranger is quite roomy enough in the regular cab for me. I missed off roading too. Also I am a carpenter and it wasn't capable of hauling all my tools or a trailer. I blew my tranny that last year I owned it and it cost me over $1500 to get a new one put in. So keep that in mind when you think about what your are going to be doing with your vehicle. Also the mini trucks aren't that great for you and the misses when the time arises. Bronco's yeah that can handle that.

Good hunting young one...

bidibronco

Reaction score
SHOOT! For $3,000 you should be able to get a decent Bronco for $1500-$2500 and another little beater to get around in that get's good gas milage. I ended up having to do that, I'm a bit older than 16 and I am in the Military wich pays enough to do that. Insurance is what kills me. Anyways, this is the place to get ALL the good thoughts about Bronco's. I wouldn't trade my Bronc' for a brand new house (okay, that's a bit over doing it but that's about what it would take) My wife hates my Bronc' but every time my boy sees it he goes strait to it and want's to get in and go play with his dada. I had the Bronc' just before he was born, my wife was hauled to the hospital when she was in labor (people move for big Broncos) and it was the first vehicle my boy ever rode in. So with that said, the One I own has much sentiment to it! If you get one, I'm sure you will feel the same way...

Eisen

Reaction score
Go for it dood, the Bronco is the last true man's SUV.

btw - if a woman drives a Bronco it just means there really cool.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23