My 78 Bronco Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

freak

Reaction score
Looks like your pretty good with the pipe bender.Nice work on everything.

Ktomek06

Reaction score
You said your gonna paint it all white? I kinda like the red borders!

Looks awesome man!

OP
OP
C

custom_78

Reaction score
I am going to paint it all white and the rollcage will be blue. There will be blue borders around the aluminum panels.

Lucnhbox

Reaction score
what kind of pipe bender do you use? Your garage must be envied by most. sweet job keep new photos updated as you complete projects.

OP
OP
C

custom_78

Reaction score
what kind of pipe bender do you use? Your garage must be envied by most. sweet job keep new photos updated as you complete projects.

The bender is a Hosfeld mandrel tubing bender. It is Hydraulic so it is pretty easy to use after you get used where to mark the tube for the bend. It's my dad's garage but he has almost any tool I would ever need including a Tig welder and mill. Thanks Lunchbox and everyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
C

custom_78

Reaction score
Here is another picture showing the roll bar going throught the firewall and connecting to the dash. This adds a sycnificant amount of strength to my rollcage.

Picture_031.jpg

OP
OP
C

custom_78

Reaction score
Here is the other side under the hood. The bar connects to the shock hoops.

rty.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
C

custom_78

Reaction score
I can get lods of travel with the 15 inch travels Procomp ES9000 shocks. All I need is long travel coils, but that will have to wait awhile do too money problems. Remember I'm only 15.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Wow, that's some great custom metal work!!! I like the job so far, and would like to see a pic or two of the seat mounts. I want to put some PRP seats in with my cage kit. I also like the dash panel, that turned out super!!!

OP
OP
C

custom_78

Reaction score
Justshootme84- Here are some pictures on how I mounted my seats. The firt Picture shows how I made a 3/4 of an X shape in the door down tube. The main down bar goes down from the rear hoop to the front post. After that I made another tube that went upo from the rear hoop to the middle of the down tube. After those were welded in place I made 2 cross tubes out of 1 1/2" x .120 tubing to mount the seats to. I found the position I wanted the seats and and welded the cross tubes in place. I then made little tabs that welded to the crosstubes to bolt my seats to.

Picture_047.jpg

OP
OP
C

custom_78

Reaction score
Here id the rear cross tube from the door opening. You can see how the tabs are facing backwards instead of up. That is just because my cross tube didn't come out in the exact right spot. You can use longer and shorter tabs for adjustment. Have fun.

Picture_049.jpg

OP
OP
C

custom_78

Reaction score
Here are some more pictures. Can never have to many pictures right. If you guys have any questions, ask.

Here is a picture of my engine compartment cage and shock hoops.

Picture_036.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK