Motor Mount Towers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

franke

Reaction score
Hi, new to forum, My 86 f150 blew up monday after a great 214000 mile run, so i am rushing my project 79 truck into service, I have a 351M built and ready to go in, took the 300 out, from what I can gather the Motor mount towers look the same for both. Am I correct in assuming that I dont need to change them to perform this swap, or do I need to go Junkyard hunting agian for different onesTimely feedback would be great I am off work this week while I jam to get this other truck on the road THANKS

mudunit77f250

Reaction score
you will need a "big block trannie" and you will need a set of frame towers off of any 70s year truck that has a V8 in it...... justy make sure you make a template of the top bolt holes for your frame. there were 2 different styles used on the M series engines they look exactly the same but arent identical. the top frame bolts are differnt widths, just make a lil cardboard template ofr the holes in your frame and get to the junkyards..... and totally different style ones were used in the 360/390 family so they wont even work.... also make sure that you have the right block to trannie metal dust shield..... autos (im pretty sure on this theory) had the starter mounted a little closer to the center of the trannie b/c the flex plate was smaller than a flywheel. so if you have an auto trannie, and the engine was off of a manual, it wont bolt up, but yet again they look alot alike. i have both @ my house if you run into trouble..... we could see about UPS'n you the one you would need. btw, you can get a 351 and 400 in trucks older than 80-82..... im pretty sure they were used all through the 73-82 years..... 82 was the last year of the M series motors. we had a 351m in our 77 and got a 400m out of a different 77

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigd1948