Lift = "lean" ....What next..!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
Installing a suspension lift is about a "2.5 banana" job NOT counting all the gashes in your head, etc. b-(

I installed mine, then re-installed & tweeked 3 more times for various reasons to get it "****" as they say. :-"

Great ride, dirt & street.... as good or better than stock. Tracks straight, handles the same, less body-drop in mogules, no bottom-out, etc. ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

BUT, ....the view fr. the back..obvious lean ('lil over 1") to the driver side.

Hmmmm,... well, guess what..? My supplier says "he will make it right !!" :))

I will be doing some tests to verify the part in question & they will swap out the faulty part including frt. both ways.

It's refreshing to know there's companies out there that back what they sell.

What I usually find is; "HAY, I sold you the part... you don't expect it to actually work as well do you?" :angry:

I'll up-date as soon as fix is done... & advise who the supplier is. >

Horsescents

Reaction score
Howdy Lean,

Before you go through the trouble of taking or shipping back to the supplier, there is a well written and often viewed fix for that called "Bronco Lean". Can't remember where it is but serch for bronco lean. It may be your problem.

It explains the procedure for cross tightening the 4 bolts on the front of the radius arms while the axle is set level in jack stands and the end of the radius arms are on the floor (level). You cinch up each bolt a little at a time watching so the radius ends do not lift off the floor. I did it, took me about 4 times (different tightening patterns) but it worked like a champ. It also mentions checking your C-bushings to make sure they are both mounted the correct way. (if your using a certain cant degree of C-bushing there is a top and bottom front and back). Maybe this will help??

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
Exactly but you don't need the axle on jackstands. You can drop it to the floor and level it there. Its not easy to get the radius arms back into the frame mounts after both are installe don the axle. This is why most do one side at a time and end up with the bronco lean problem. Have someone help you. One guy on each side will be the easiest. By yourself, you can get one arm in and use leg power or a come-a-long to get the other side pulled in enough to fit the frame mount.

Just a side note: After I fixed the lean on mine I noticed with a wristed radius arm when I pull the pin it still wants to lean towards the driverside slightly. Add the pin and its level again. Oh well...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23