Lift Kit / Cold Air Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MAX

Reaction score
I am looking to put a lift on my 89 , I was wondering which is the easiest and inexpensive to install . I want a 3 inch maybe more if i can get rims and tires.I also want to install a cold air intake which i the best for the money, im on a limited buget , thanks.

hawk2100n

Wants Overdrive
Reaction score
Cold air intake depends on you motor. If you are handy, go to you local hardware store. get some PVC pipe(grey or black) and some elbow joints and have at it. definately the cost effective solution that works good if you do it right. just find a hole in the front firewall and get yourself some cone shaped airfilters and make your self one. i think i saw a previous article about the same thing in a little more detail on how to do it. i am making my own but i have a carberator so my setup is different.

sweepersrgr8

"GET ER DONE"
Reaction score
K&N has the best kit I have seen(and Have on my '89). It does away with the dual tubes between the air box and throttlebody. The FIPK has a much larger "Y" tube which uses a conicle filter and sits on top of you lower air box(throw your old upper away). Now your intake system is no longer sealed,and you wind up sucking HOT air off the engine instead of through that TINY stock 3"x1" opening hid under your hood when closed. So what I did was go to HOME DEPOT, buy a 4' section of 4 Inch flexable metalic dryer duct, the aluminium plate(that would normally be screwed to the wall to attach the hose to your dryer), and 2 clamps. I ripped off the upper half of the intake duct(2 bolts on top of radiator support). I attached the plate to the right of the radiator over an existing hole(i opened this up a little for full flow), and ran the dryer duct(cut down to about 2 foot now) from the plate to the remainder of the intake duct, and secured the ends with the clamps. I now have full flowing forced cold air from behind the grill. I got this idea from a company that sells this as a RAM AIR kit for Mustangs at about $275. I got the same identical parts for about $14.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23