Key Fob Programming/ Factory Alarm Woes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grey2003

Reaction score
If I understand correctly that whenever a battery is replaced, the key fob needs to be reprogrammed? If so how, and why does my alarm go off everytime I unlock the passenger door with a key?

Oh yeah, back window works with a new dash switch. Woo Hoo.

1995 Ford Bronco.

Yardape

Reaction score
Not sure about Broncos but on my Expedition it doesnt. I put an Optima red top in it and I take it out all the time to boost other vehicles. Never had an issue. That would mean everytime your battery goes dead you would have to reprogram too. Doesnt make much sense.

OP
OP
G

Grey2003

Reaction score
Not sure about Broncos but on my Expedition it doesnt. I put an Optima red top in it and I take it out all the time to boost other vehicles. Never had an issue. That would mean everytime your battery goes dead you would have to reprogram too. Doesnt make much sense.
From what I was told by the local service guy, the Bronco's used the older style gem if you will and the '97 and on does not. Info could be wrong though.

Roadkill

Reaction score
I don't know why your alarm is going off. But I do know that on my 96 I have disconected the battery numerous times and never had to reprogram anything accept the clock.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
OP
OP
G

Grey2003

Reaction score
yoAnti-Theft System Service Tips TSB 94-25-05 for 93-94 bronco, F Series, Explorer, Ranger, Econoline & many others

"...B-3) - ANTI-THEFT PROTECTION SYSTEM - ALARM ACTIVATED IN ERROR

Article 93-12-7

ISSUE The anti-theft protection system alarm may be activated in error because water may have entered the door ajar switch.

ACTION Install new door ajar switches which include double O-rings and improved lubrication to minimize water entry
Thanks and I will look at it, but it does it all the time and I park inside. Still I will check it out.

OP
OP
G

Grey2003

Reaction score
Key fob fixed. Feel kinda stupid, but the last owner took the batteries out of it. Why? It's slow, but it works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat