Alarm keeps going off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xltsportfun

Reaction score
Truck has been parked since Monday, go to start it this afternoon and alarm goes off, i have a key fob but batteries are dead and everytime i open the door the alarm goes off, even with the key in the ignition, i also noticed the theft light doesnt come on when it should be, does while alarm is going off, but not when the keys out anymore.
Along with this, i cant start the truck anymore with the key, can cycle the ignition all i want but will not start.

I've checked all the fuses and theyre all good both under the hood and under the dash

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Xltsportfun,
Replace the FOB batteries asap.
I may be able to find some wiring diagrams, but they won't provide troubleshooting.
One less likely possible perp is water intrusion into the Right or Left Front Courtesy Lamp Switch of the Anti-Theft System may cause inadvertent activation of the system.
ACTION: To correct this condition you should:
1. Remove the switch from the door.
2. Place a small amount of silicone sealant on the back of the connector where the wires exit the connector (enough sealant should be used to seal the connector and prevent further water intrusion).
3. Tape wrap the connector and about 1.5" (38mm) of the wires beyond the switch connector.
4. Reinstall the switch.
5. Verify the repair.

OP
OP
Xltsportfun

Xltsportfun

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, replaced the batteries and got it to stop, does the lock button on the door activate the alarm? Because the key fob batteries have been dead for almost a year

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo X,

Anti-Theft Overview in 92-96 in E-150-250-350 Vehicles; "...The anti-theft protection system provides two types of vehicle protection. The first is designed to provide the vehicle with protection from unauthorized entry into the passenger compartment and engine compartment (hood opening). The second monitors the status of the ignition switch lock cylinder. If triggered, the system provides both audio and visual alarm signals and disables the starter circuit. The system is controlled by an electronic module. When armed, unauthorized entry into the vehicle is detected by courtesy lamp switches (located in the passenger compartment door jambs), and a hood switch (located on the right cowl surface). In addition, the system triggers an alarm if the ignition switch lock cylinder is forcibly removed from the steering column tube (3514). The system immediately monitors the ignition switch lock cylinder upon removal of the key from the ignition. Once triggered, the system flashes the low beam headlamps, the parking lamps, the alarm indicator, and sounds the horn. In addition, the starter circuit is interrupted until the system is disarmed..."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rickyb571