How To Run Straight Pipes???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EddieBauer351

Reaction score
I have a 96 for bronco 351 5.8 ltr. It's very quiet! I already took the muffler off and want to put straight pipes on, please help.

Seabronc

Reaction score
Don't know where you live, but that would make it an off road only vehicle in most states. However, if you have a non lifted truck, the easiest routing for pipes, (with or without the legal equipment) is to run them down the Right side until you clear the transfer case and then either take them both out the same side or cross back over with one to the left side. You probably should consider using a cross over someplace while they are next to each other. A pipe can be routed on the Left side but the transfer case presents a problem, easiest if the truck is lifted. One of our members has them routed down each side, but his truck is lifted http://broncozone.com/gallery/album/15-freak/

Good luck,

peace.gif

OP
OP
E

EddieBauer351

Reaction score
I live in Fort Mill, SC. I already got my muffler unbolted. Now I'm just having trouble getting the pipes out from under the truck. I'm about to just cut them off, So I can run new pipes, cause it looks like it's welded on there.

Thanks,

Dylan

Erik Altland

Reaction score
im looking into the same thing because i want to run 3" straight pipes back to my glasspacks, and i asked around a little and ive been told to use basically what he said about running them down the right side avoiding the transfer case and then cutting back across, and using a H pipe in the middle for more back pressure

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
I have the dual pipe itch too, but with some questions. Erik, you mentioned running 3" pipes...pipes as in 2 pipes....My question is isn't that too big for most engines? And I thought the crossover was to balance flow and cut down resonance, not to give some back preasure.

Am I totally wrong on this? My plan is for 2 1/4 pipes to a universal cat and then a glass pack and dump our just before the rear tires. Same on each side run outside the frame. I want to be sure my plan is correct.

OP
OP
E

EddieBauer351

Reaction score
I have the dual pipe itch too, but with some questions. Erik, you mentioned running 3" pipes...pipes as in 2 pipes....My question is isn't that too big for most engines? And I thought the crossover was to balance flow and cut down resonance, not to give some back preasure.

Am I totally wrong on this? My plan is for 2 1/4 pipes to a universal cat and then a glass pack and dump our just before the rear tires. Same on each side run outside the frame. I want to be sure my plan is correct.
That's what I want to do to, but I want straight pipes. No cat, no muffler, and blow them out the side before the rear tires. All the other stuff sounds like too much of a hassle, I guess that's a bad way to look at it though. Oh but the bad thing about the pipes going out before the rear tires is it will turn your rims green from the exhaust, mine are black so I don't have to worry about it, just a heads up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23