How to make a long day a horrible one.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Krafty

Reaction score
So Yesterday started off at good old 5am going to work, almost forgot garbage and recycling so I was almost late for work. Spent all morning sheeting a roof and at lunch when we were packing up on the ground to go to the next jobsite I was about 2inches away from getting clipped by a 8ft by 2ft strip of plywood off the roof next to the one I was working on.

worked to 6:30 then decided I was taking today off to start the engine swap in my truck at my parents shop 3.5 hours away.

other than running like garbage, at 9:30 2 hours away from the parents, making a left turn I hear a series of bangs and clunks, and I see my drivers side rear tire and brake drum go for a roll down the road infront of me. Luckily I was going like 4mph when it happened. grabbed my tire and threw it in the truck, locked the front end and put it in 4low and dragged it off to the side of the road.

called the parents to bring a jack, socket and johnson bar, and new lug nuts, (snapped one stud off) looked for my brake drum for an hour and never found it, waited for another hour till the parents showed up, got everything back together and took off. by then it was 11:45. one hour from the home ranch we stopped for coffie 12:45. In the bang from loosing the tire, my new powersteering box seal shifted and dumped all my powersteering fluid out on the road.

Drove the rest of the way home with manual steering, my day finshed at 2 am, 21 hours later.

up at 6 today and at 9:20 the motor is almost out.

......This truck better be worth it.

this is the only truck I've ever had that all the lug nuts come loose periodically. im starting to get paranoid.

OH... and i'll post a pic when I get a chance of the damage i did to the box, 1/2 inch away from taking out the filler neck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23