Herculiner'd my Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
This past weekend, I put on the Herculiner Do-it-yourself bedliner stuff in my 84 Bronco. I've already stripped out the complete interior, seats, trim, wiring, etc., but had a few cracks and holes in the floor that needed to be welded up and a small area of rust on the passenger side where a stereo power wire shorted out and burned thru. Took about 2 hours to slowly weld up the holes and cracks, without burining thru the thin floor metal. A bud took a wire wheel and cleaned up some old spots of factory sealer and carpet glue, then we sprayed primer on the bare metal areas and the welds. Another 2 hours to tape off the edges and something like 75 holes in the floor and bed. The Herculiner went on smooth and easy, and the instructions offered good advice. I had just enough in one gallon to apply a thick first coat, and stretched it thinner for the second coat 6 hours later. I coated the cab and bed floor, plus the bedside panels on the inside up to the top lip. I had already done the inside of the tailgate with Dupli-Color spray-on bedliner. That stuff is alot thinner but has a smoother finish than the Herculiner. Only real problem I had was clean-up after the first coat. I could only find acetone for a solvent/cleaner. It worked fine on the brushes and roller, but dissolved my Latex gloves. Once the Herculiner dries on your skin the next day, it peels off easily, but it won't come out of clothing. Will post pics at Superford.org after Memorial weekend, JSM84

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
thanks jsm!

We're pulling off the plastic trim slowly, but surely on the 96 to reduce squeaks. Will get to do this Herculine in a year or two and then install metal rails for fishing and off road equipt.

later!

OP
OP
J

Justshootme84

Reaction score
Miesk5, thanks for your links to the online instructions and application tips from other users. The whole process took about 10 hours of actual work, not counting drying time between coats. Most of that being prep work, JSM84

derrick36

Reaction score
Looks good Randy. I was real happy with the results I got as well. I love the fact that I can just spray it out when it gets dirty.

Did you make tube doors out of the spare tire carrier?

OP
OP
J

Justshootme84

Reaction score

CarolinaMudder

Reaction score
looks good JSM, you could do what one o fmy friends did and herc you lower half of your truck (from about the door strip down) and that helps with off roading and what not just based on mud and rocks and such. Just a thought.

Broncobeginner123

Reaction score
I was thinking of doing that to mine, now that i have seen yours and how amazing it looks, I'm off to the store to begin my 2 hour project. Thanks..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK