Help me understanding!! 1989 5.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrguzman1320

Reaction score
Hey what's up everyone, first of I want to thank the community for your contributions and support to this site, because of it I have been able to accomplish alot of electrical and mechanical repairs with no prior knowledge or education to begin with.

So I have been trying to get this squared for over a year now, the EGR system, Vaccuum system, cruise control system, air conditioning & heating, automatic 4x4 engagement system, the secondary air injection system.

Long story short is I ripped out all the vacuum lines and hoses or plumbing in the engine bay because I had to replace the entire engine harness, I needed to remove the intake manifold and I figured no point in me taking the time to see what plugs into what or where each hose gets routed around or through where and surely didn't take any pictures or tag and mark things to easily put it back the way it was because i was confident i could easily find the schematics or diagram online and putting everything back together. While diagrams and schematics are available there is no precise one that goes into micro detail and the exact diagrams are not easily available, this is for a 89 5.0 bronco CA emissions AOD tranny.

Well I finally found a 89 bronco at the lkq pick a part yesterday with the oem label VECI attached, I have been using labels from different years and engines thinking it would get me by. I even followed the infamous write up where the owner upgrades the Vaccuum hoses with hi temp resistance rubber hoses but as I mentioned it is not specific or that in detail, I have also been going based of Helms Ford Haynes and that really big green book I forget its name its over $150 bucks used though. Whatever sections and diagrams related to one of the Systems that has these hoses in it does not specify exactly what goes where. So i have never been able to get it running right and I'm sure it has to do with the plumbing not being correctly reassembled.

So by using the diagrams, how do you I know what end goes to what? I see the solenoids, I see the fuel pressure regulator, the diverter valve, the bypass valve, carbon canister filter, vacuum reservoir, ect.

For example, the solenoids, the TAB, TAD, EGR solenoid have a "top" and "bottom", and the Vaccum Reservoir on the passenger side has has 3 ports and some kind of rubber plug that reduces into 2 ports so what plugs into the "left" and " right"? Then there is another vacuum reservoir on the drivers side and same with the carbon canister filter 2 ports but which is which lol. what is the top? What is the bottom? Whats on the "left" and what's on the "right"?? what line connects at the " T " and what about when those lines reduce and taper or merge into 1? The vacuum tree on the manifold what goes into which system? I have added a picture of the engine and year specific VECI label as well as the vacuum tree I took the label off of and numbered it for reference purposes. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20201209_163209.jpg
    20201209_163209.jpg
    8.8 MB · Views: 8
  • 1993-veci-49-states.jpg
    1993-veci-49-states.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 20201211_004554.jpg
    20201211_004554.jpg
    744.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20201211-004019_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201211-004019_Gallery.jpg
    688.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 20201209_163226.jpg
    20201209_163226.jpg
    8.9 MB · Views: 6
  • 1993-veci-49-states.jpg
    1993-veci-49-states.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 4

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo JR,
Welcome!
Here is the 1989 Ford Bronco EVTM, Emissions (yellowish/red book cover) & Pre-Delivery Manuals, Partial via mrnewland1 in Google Drive @
1989 Service manual - Google Drive
Slow scrolling, so download for faster viewing and to see the table of contents, the search feature, etc.

1989 Ford Bronco Dealer Brochure

1989 Bronco Lubricant Specifications by Ford via Gary

Register with VIN to see most Ford dealer maintenance/repairs done @ any dealership nation-wide @ Welcome to Ford Owner | Official Ford Owner Site

Stop by local Ford dealership parts department and ask for your Vehicle Emission Control Information (VECI) Decal; Contains Vacuum Diagram & Calibration Parts List for 88 & UP.
It used to be On-Line for Free at Ford.
Need to know your Calibration number from your B-pillar sticker; or from the PCM).
Vacuum Diagram is the same as the one on the core support or hood or air filter cover.

Are you referring to Replace Plastic Vacuum Hoses with Rubber in a 89 F150? At https://www.fullsizebronco.com/threads/replace-plastic-vacuum-hoses-with-rubber.192382/
by booba

Screenshot_20200522-142015.jpg
89 Bronco HVAC

Will bbl.
Al

OP
OP
J

jrguzman1320

Reaction score
Yes that's the post by booba, I did reach out to all my local Ford dealers and each one told me they would not be able to provide support for my issue, I thought it was weird and 2 service techs said they won't be able to help even if i brought my vehicle in and paid for their service. Thank you for the information i will look into those looks. I will keep you updated.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo JR,
Yes, Ford as well as All Data, CHILTON FEE BASED on -line etc have been deleting our "ancient " big Bronco info quite a lot! They were money wasters for many diy owners.
Same for MOTOR such as their
MOTOR EMISSION CONTROL VACUUM HOSE ROUTING AND COMPONENT LOCATION (2018-2019)
MTR18661_ProductImage_PrimaryImage_400.jpg
MTR18661_ProductImage_PrimaryImage_400.jpg
Part No. MTR18661
$199.95
Yeah right, possibly another $ drain!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member