Headliner sagging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ragtop69

Reaction score
I noticed that the headliner in my '95 XLT is starting to sag. It is an area about the size of a bread plate just above the driver's head. The fabric itself is spotless and it appears that the adhesive that holds it to the backing is just giving up. Is there some way to fix this? I'd hate to trash a perfectly good looking headliner if I don't have to. BTW, if this can't be repaired where can I find a replacement piece?

Last edited:

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Ragtop,
Are the three driver side visor screws tight?
And same for the drive side Drive Pin?

ItemPart NumberDescription
151944Roof Trim Panel
2383927-SDrive Pin (1 Req'd Each Side)
342410Moulding
431012Quarter Trim Panel
529010Body Side Garnish Moulding
63598Front Body Pillar Inside Moulding
703606Windshield Garnish Moulding
8519C14Roof Trim Panel, Rear
913K706Rear Cargo Lamp
1013K707Rear Courtesy Lamp Lens
1102354Cowl Side Trim Panel Retainer (2 Req'd)

Attachments

• r11646a.gif
    r11646a.gif
    12.1 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
ragtop69

ragtop69

Reaction score
I'm told by a local upholstery guy that the reason that the headliner is sagging is because the fabric is separating from a bonded foam layer that is behind it. Says it can't be repaired and must be replaced. Unfortunately Ford no longer supplies the material for a truck that is 25 years old and I had to select the closest color match from a board he had. Most of the upholstery guys that I called wanted $350 to do the replacement. This guy bid $150. At that price I figure I'll let him have a shot and if the slight differences (gray is a really difficult color to match) between the new headliner and the sun visors is too annoying then I'll have to cruise the JYs.

OP
OP
ragtop69

ragtop69

Reaction score
Well, the lowest bid turned out really great. The gray material that they used is almost a perfect match to the factory color and texture. The factory colored sun visors are actually imperceptibly different and unnoticeable. The final price was $175, but it was still a bargain compared to the other two at $350. I'm happy!

captsb890

Reaction score
Headliner Magic---has high heat adhesive----I ordered a whole new liner to install---They are very helpful

captsb890

Reaction score
Maybe you can help me---I need the "Bronco:" emblem for my full size 89---know of any-?? Has alignment pins on back theat are 7 1/2 inches apart
Just painted the car and can't find one-------Sam

OP
OP
ragtop69

ragtop69

Reaction score
Does it attach using those push nuts that insert into the holes and spread like mollies when the emblem pins are inserted? My old Mustangs all used that method of attachment.

captsb890

Reaction score
No, it has double tape adhesive and just alignment pins on the back---problem is that the pins are 7 1/2 apart and the new one I got from Bronco Graveyard is 5 inches apart---They did contact me and said the never heard of a bigger emblem with 7 1/2 inch apart alignment pins--?? So I can't find even a used one out there !

OP
OP
ragtop69

ragtop69

Reaction score
It’s not likely that Ford would have used two different emblems during the same model year. Will your emblem with the 5” pins cover the 7” pin holes? If so just take some nippers and remove the pins and use double sided 3M tape or silicone adhesive to apply the emblems.

captsb890

Reaction score
The emblem I received was for an 82 Bronco---they made the mistake--However, I found the one I needed new with the pins 7 1/2 inches apart-- Had two but I only needed one----Lets see when it arrives if the fellow understood what I wanted---always can send it back.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke