Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FLYFSHIN

Reaction score
I just bought a Bronco. Always like the looks of them...big truck space, without that big truck manuvering issue. I can park anywhere a car can.

So my auto hubs were shot when I bought it. I just ordered a set of Warn manuals...I'll get out in the snow to lock them, dont bother me. Next I ordered new carpet from broncograveyard.com, followed by a new HU for the stereo, 350W kicker amp, and 2 10" subs from etronics. I also ordered the biggest tire you can fit on the stock rims (I think 32's, but I'm not looking to build a monster). Now, I gotta tell you, I am a speed freak. I see all sorts of possiblities, ranging from mild to insane. The first logical think I see is to slap a pair of headers and dual exhaust on it, followed by a high flow filter. I know, I know, it's not road legal. Ask me if I care :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

What kind of performance increase do you normally see from the 351 after you drop the cats and go dual? Can you switch the MAF on this bad dog like I can on my other V8's and get a performance boost? How loud can I expect it to be?

Sorny

Reaction score
Well with Headers and Exhaust you can see an incress of anywhere from 15 to 35hp, and for how loud its going to be is up to you. If you go with a glasspack it is going to be really loud exspecially if you have EFI, now if you go with a box muffler it depends what type you go with and if it is a staright through design or not. I know that my truck is EFI and im going to be putting blue bottle glasspacks on it, and she is going to be really loud. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OP
OP
F

FLYFSHIN

Reaction score
I'm looking at Walker high flow mufflers, recomended by Summit...The whole kit was around 300 bucks. I didnt get oversized headers because I understand that the 351w tends to idle poor with zero backpressure. I'm hoping for a deeper rumble, more that loud snap. It's a big motor and it should sound like a big motor rather than a V6 with no muffs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23