Hard top storage....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

genthree

Reaction score
My parents sold their "big house" and are downsizing.  That means I had to go to the coast and get the hardtop for my bronco.  Not really sure that I am ever going to use it, but I also don't want to get rid of it right now. Right now it is spending the winter on the bronco under the weather cover....

I have seen some pics of people who build a lift and "pull" it up to the ceiling in the garage.  Anyone here have one of these set-ups?  Anyone care to post some pictures?

Any other good ideas of how to store this thing or should I just sell it?

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
Hi Gen..., where ya been...?

A pulley lift would be easy (espec. for you) to engineer & build pretty cheap.  A good rafter would hold it. (Or beef one up)

Also.., they can be disassembled for a flatter storage. However, the metal top is a bit vulnerable once seperated

from the side panels.

I pers. wouldn't want it hanging in my garage as I'd soon have cuts all over my head... :mad:   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OP
OP
genthree

genthree

Reaction score
New computer system at work has sucked my life force out of me....  Bronco ran like a champ all summer so no real fun projects.  I have the doors in the garage prepped for paint AGAIN, so I will shoot those and get the doors on it...  

Lots of college visits looking a soccer programs....   (Mom said "no" to UNLV...  Something about Dad spending too much time down there...)

I thought about building a hoist, but I was looking for some inspiration....  I should have enough room, I have 10' ceilings and the top is about 30" tall...  So that would still give be about 7.5' clearance....  I think I can hang it towards the back of the garage and still have room to pull the Suburban in under it....

I have to do some work on it first, front drivers corner is pretty rusted, got to do a little "cut'n and weld'n"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK