grill shells

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

texan79&96

Reaction score
im thinkin about puttin a 77-older grill on my 79 i just think theyre cool and theres several nice ones around here in the yards. i just wanna know whats involved like where all the bolts are/ how many and how much of a hassel its gonna be to stand in watery mud and pull one with everything to put on the bronco. thanks

Billz4x4z

Reaction score
cant remember how many bolts are involved but its not to bad of a job,and remember PB blaster is your friend

russhyped302

Reaction score
its not hard they should line right up i can't remember how many bolts but its so easy its just like putting a new 79 on :)>-

79fever

Reaction score
I removed the front bumper & front inner-fenders for easier bolt access. My tough ones were the bolts on the front edge of the front fenders (Ohio rust). As previously stated, blaster is your friend. I stayed with the 79 shell. Sorry, don't remember a bolt count. Are headlight bucket locations the same in 77?

BASE861

The Big Nothin'
Reaction score
I removed the front bumper & front inner-fenders for easier bolt access.  My tough ones were the bolts on the front edge of the front fenders (Ohio rust). As previously stated, blaster is your friend.  I stayed with the 79 shell.  Sorry, don't remember a bolt count.  Are headlight bucket locations the same in 77?
18136[/snapback]

No the headlight buckets are different for the 77 and the 79. The 77 has the marker/turn signal lights over the headlight. The 79 is under and also square. When you get the 77 grille off you will have to remove the headlight mounts also. It might not be a bad idea to get everything from the donor truck you can.

I had the grille off my 79 Bronco about a dozen times for one reason or another and also did the same for my 76 F100 Highboy. The toughest part of the whole thing is those bolts on the front lip of the fender. I think you already figured that out after you lost all the skin on your knuckles.