Grab bar

Robertwesley

Looking for some ideas for a grab bar/ handle? I have a ‘96 XLT and my wife has a hard time climbing up into her seat! Our 2017 Dodge Ram has nice handles on the door pillars and would like to add something similar? Any ideas where to find such and how to attach?
Thanks,

dawggg (steve)

i put a 'grab handle' in my 93 above the doors... i dont remember what i got them out of but i drilled a small pilot hole and screwed em in... they work great... i can send a pic if you want to see em...

BIG ACE

Looking for some ideas for a grab bar/ handle? I have a ‘96 XLT and my wife has a hard time climbing up into her seat! Our 2017 Dodge Ram has nice handles on the door pillars and would like to add something similar? Any ideas where to find such and how to attach?
Thanks,
Look on Amazon, I installed grab bars from them and suitcase handles, works great

Skitter302

Staff member
I've seen guys use Ford explore handles drilled into the A pillar. Havn't tryed it myself.

Tiha

I grabbed these from random super motors.

You could bolt something there. There is steel behind the plastic molding.

Otherwise something over the door. Much fancier than you need, but these are cheap. Came in lots of 70's 4 door cars. Conversion vans.

Robertwesley

I grabbed these from random super motors.

You could bolt something there. There is steel behind the plastic molding.

Otherwise something over the door. Much fancier than you need, but these are cheap. Came in lots of 70's 4 door cars. Conversion vans.
I like those on the pillar! How did you attach them? When I took off that piece of trim that “A” pillar wasn’t flat...?

Tiha

Looks like he used what a call a blind nut.

Not sure where you can get them locally, maybe home depot or hardware store? I get them from grainger. I am sure they are online plenty of places.

But you drill a hole, barely big enough to fit the insert in (insert is the blind nut)
Then as you tighten the bolt the nut collapses and expands. Basically pinching itself around the steel and holding it in place.

derekk

Look at McMaster.com for general hardware. They have lots of stuff on line. Fastenal is another resource.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htshot1123